Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Must I use the "full VRam primatives" option in Pete's D3D gpu to run FF7? It seems that without that I can't get FF7 to run pass the "Sony entertainment presents" screen. Is there another option to use?

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
No you shouldn't need vram primatives (I have the pc version so I cannot verify this completely)

As for the main problem could you supply more details on your system, and plugins.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ooooooo..... :)

I thought my disc was spoilt, but it worked on my PS. Enabling the Vram thing made the squaresoft logo appear faster though.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Why is it that that screen takes soo long? I mean it runs at like 15 fps... is it really that difficult to render white text on a black screen? The same thing happens in FF8 at the beggining, my computer just chokes on those black and white images :p

·
Flood Yourself
1,349 Posts
I get this as well. I really wonder what's so difficult about displaying a static image on screen.

Incidentally, after that, the music in the game seems to run at about two thirds of the speed that it should be running at. It's not due to low framerate either, I'm maintaining 60fps. Any ideas? I'm using Eternal's SPU, but it does it with other plugins as well.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Incidentally, after that, the music in the game seems to run at about two thirds of the speed that it should be running at. It's not due to low framerate either, I'm maintaining 60fps. Any ideas? I'm using Eternal's SPU, but it does it with other plugins as well.
This is a timing problem with epsxe. The only work around it to set the fps limit to about 65 (or whatever you think sounds right) - this will not affect music during FMV. VGS is the only emulator I know of that will have the correct music timing with FF7 by default.

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
I don't get that long of a lag when playing FF7 through FF9 at the sony screen.. Check my profile for my computer specs.. I use lewpys glide gpu pluggin.. No lag whatsoever at the sony screen.. It comes and goes..

The music timing problem is a well known issue.. We will just have to wait for the next version of epsxe to see if the timing issue has been resolved.. Playing the game at 75 FPS seems to make the music play at the correct speed, but it desyncs the mdecs..

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well, setting the FPS to 68 seems to have correct timing with the music (considering "One Winged Angel"'s chorus), but the music slows down at MDECs. Is there any way I can prevent the music from synchronizing with MDECs?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts