Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First things first, I've been having an odd (to say the least) issue with epsxe and peops soft plugin v1.18. This is frustrating as, up to this point, I haven't had a single problem with it up until this point. The bug manifests itself in random slowdowns (which are temporarily fixable if I escape the emu and then return) in FF7. I usually run a perfect 60.0, or close, FPS on the game, but when the bug manifests I'm knocked down to ~46FPS (~24 with VSync enabled). It does this with whatever filtering I use, be it Eagle or Hq#x, randomly. (usually during battles, sometimes when I open a menu)

Without further ado, my comp specs are:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @2.4Ghz
Memory: 2Gb
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 256Mb w/DirectX10 @1920x1200 (32bit) (60Hz)
Sound: HDMI (SigmaTel High Definition Codec) Onboard

And my settings for the peops soft gpu plugin(if it's not mentioned, it's not enabled):
Fullscreen:1920x1200(60Hz)(32bit)
Stretching:HQ3X Stretching
No Dithering
Use FPS Limit--Auto-Detect
Wait for VSync
Stop Screen Saver

Again, I reiterate the weird thing about this bug is that if I escape, or minimize, the emulator, and then return, it goes back to normal for that battle and/or fixes the menu problem temporarily.

Thanks in advance for whatever help I can get with this.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
its coz you suck at computer configuration.

HQ3x att 1920x1080 is asking for trouble.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sup.
1-Try peops open gl plugin.
2-Might wanna change your config (In Peops ogl, also check the compatibility area),what squall said.
3-Check your graphic driver config, lest you end up with all sorts of overlapping settings

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I kinda switched to the opengl2 plugin before anyone posted. I played around with shaders to essentially obsolesce the soft gpu plugin. Thanks for your help, anyways. :thumb: Oh, I suppose I should have introduced myself first--if so hello, I usually go by BROJ, but that name's taken--but I'm not sure if that etiquette is customary here.

btw, @Squall: I run every other game with those settings flawlessly (as I've already noted), so... I'm not sure where you are going with your line of thought.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Final Fantasy games use a lot of frame buffer effects, especially during the "battle swirl" sequences. This combined with a high resolution and the HQ3X postprocessing effect will kill the performance on almost any system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry if I'm being unclear, but the slowdowns are temporary and can be further nullified by interrupting the emulation by escaping the active window and returning. The bug started happening yesterday. I've been playing the game for four days now. So it's something that's just cropped up recently for my emulator.

And, as a tidbit that got lost in my first post, first paragraph, last sentence, the slowdowns occur at any filtering (and/or resolution setting)--it's just the plugin isn't behaving properly.

I suppose it's moot though, for me at least, given I've switched from the soft gpu to opengl2. All the same, I appreciate your efforts. :)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Yeah, I kinda switched to the opengl2 plugin before anyone posted. I played around with shaders to essentially obsolesce the soft gpu plugin. Thanks for your help, anyways. :thumb: Oh, I suppose I should have introduced myself first--if so hello, I usually go by BROJ, but that name's taken--but I'm not sure if that etiquette is customary here.

btw, @Squall: I run every other game with those settings flawlessly (as I've already noted), so... I'm not sure where you are going with your line of thought.
i wasn't replying to you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.