Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what the best configuration for a ATI RADEON 9000 using petes opengl2 2.6 GPU plugin, for playing FF7 with? thanks

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
You could try setting texture filtering to 3 or 4 or by setting hi-res textures to 2 and enabling the screen filtering option.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Bad idea. FF7 hates any kind of 2d filtering IIRC.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
I know setting texture filtering to 3 or 4 is OK as I tested it last night. I just tested setting hi-res textures to 2 and enabling screen filtering and it looked quite nice. There wasn't any green lines or other weirdness.

·
Prepare for Descent...
2,619 Posts
n_w95482 said:
I know setting texture filtering to 3 or 4 is OK as I tested it last night. I just tested setting hi-res textures to 2 and enabling screen filtering and it looked quite nice. There wasn't any green lines or other weirdness.
That is because 3 or 4 do not filter the 2D graphics, just 3D I think anyways. Anyways, only way to get better looking Bgs with Pete's OpenGL is to use screen smoothing like n_w said.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
yeah but the problem with screen smoothing is that it's extremely slow, and it blurs everything else unpleasantly. if you want a blurring effect, use shaders.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Snake785 said:
That is because 3 or 4 do not filter the 2D graphics, just 3D I think anyways.
That is true but I suppose every little bit helps :D.

hushy: Don't the shaders require DX9 capable hardware? If so, then jesuschrist won't be able to use them.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
In OGL 2 screen smoothing has almost 0 performance cost, and i think it does a nice job. Anyway, with that card, you'll maybe have better results with ogl 1.75. As n_w pointed, your card can't handle pixel shaders, what takes most of the ogl 2 advantages away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts