Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! My first post here, but I've been reading posts here for a few days.

I just recently started running psx games on pc, and I have some trouble getting the graphics fine.

1. At first, the hand you browse the menus with was black, or even transperent, but I fixed this by turning Alpha multipass on. But it is still invisible in a few places, for example when I choose "magic" in battles it is not visible (in the magic menu) :( Someone know how to fix this?

2. During battles there is a blinking and flickering border around the screen, how do I get rid of it?

I have searched for answers to these questions in the forum, but haven't found any.

I have the latest versions of ePSXe and Pete's OGL plugin.

·
Registered
278 Posts
donno about the first questoin but the 2nd one you have to play around with off screen drawing i think. Give it a try.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for posting, but it didn't help. :( If I set it to 2, 3 or 4 the problem persists. If I set it to 0 or 1 the border is black alright (like it should be), but the battle menus are gone too (all black).

Here are my settings:

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.53
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce2 MX/AGP/3DNOW!

Resolution/Color:
- 800x600 Fullscreen - Desktop changing [32 Bit]
- Keep psx aspect ratio: on

Textures:
- R8G8A8A8
- Filtering: 2
- Caching: 2

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: 55

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 2
- Framebuffer texture: 1
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: on
- Dithering: off
- Full vram: off
- Game fixes: on [00000001]

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Cesa: Use Pete's D3D driver with the same settings (I'd suggest going with 3 for off-screen drawing) to get rid of that strange menu jittering going on in OpenGL. That solution opens up another bunch of strange graphic glitches, but if no one has a better solution, that does take care of that problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, that solved problem 2 :) Now all I have to do is get the menu hand back in the magic menu, hmm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for that hint! I have also that problem with the flickering! And even if you switch that Alpha Multipass on you can't see the animated finger?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At first it wasn't visible anywhere, but when I turned Alpha multipass on it became visible in most menus, the exception being the magic menu during battles. It doesn't matter much right now (early in the game), but later on it might be a problem. Does anyone use Pete's plugin and see the menu hand in the magic menu?? Please post you settings!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can see the finger even in the magic menu...

I have almost the same settings like you but i've turned of Mask blit and filtering...

but with Pete's D3D drivers I can't see any ingame movie scenes as the screen is green and completely messed up... did you experience that problem?

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Humm... Cesa, you set FPS limit to 55? Are you playing a PAL or NTSC game? You're either playing it too fast, or too slow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Well, I thought 50 was too slow, and 60 too fast... :) I think it's PAL, but either way, 55 feels best :)

Does anyone have that menuhand in all menus during battles? Please post you settings.

edit: didn't see your post at first NFSMav, I'll try changing those settings. And I just recently tried the D3D plugin, so I haven't seen any movies yet, but I'll start a new game and see if the intro movie is shown correctly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
NFSMav, I tried changing those settings, but no luck :( And yes, I have that movie problem too, I see the movie, but from time to time there are green boxes here and there, and the sound is not alright.

Well, guess I'll change back to OGL then, which means I'm back from scratch, with both problems existing :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've fixed that problem with the movie using the epsxe config tool by Pete which is included in the espxe package... I've also had that problem with the menu hand which has been disapeared but now i could fix it... Try to use pete's Aspi cdr driver and limit your cd speed to 8x.. That will get rid of the green spots and use pete's dsound drivers to achieve good sound...

D3d Driver

Resolution/Color:
- 800x600 Fullscreen - Desktop changing [16 Bit]
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8A8A8
- Filtering: 0
- Caching: 2

Framerate:
- FPS limit: 50 or 60 ntsc

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 0
- Mask bit: off

Misc:
- Unfiltered FB: off

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
NFSMav: I couldn't help but notice that you're using 32bit textures, but use 16bit resolution. You can improve the quality by using a 32bit resolution instead of 16bit. It's a bit pointless to have the emu render 32bit textures if you can't see them. (unless this is what you're using to fix a bug)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've recently had that problem with the movie since i could only see a messed up screen. So I've used that ePSXEConfigurator by Pete and figured out that the option with MDEC was not enabled. Therefore, all movies had been disabled. I've checked it now and now it works. Unfortunately, I couldn't find that menu point in the options menu of ePSXE...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well

I've been running D3D since i got WinXP, no troubles with FF7.

Edit: Dont mind the lil glitch on top, thats just because of the FPS display

The Config To Get Results In the Screen Shot:

Plugin: Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.1.53
GFX card: NVIDIA GeForce3

Resolution/Color:
- 1024x768 Fullscreen - [32 Bit]

Textures:
- R8G8A8A8
- Caching: 3

Framerate:
- FPS limit: on
- FPS limit: 65

Compatibility:
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Advanced blending: hardware

Misc:
- Scanlines: off [0]

·
Registered
39 Posts
And for Open GL

I didnt post a screen because i didnt think it was necessary since it looks exactly like D3D just a bit sharper

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.53
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce3/AGP/SSE2

Resolution/Color:
- 1024x768 Fullscreen - Desktop changing [32 Bit]
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8A8A8
- Caching: 3

Framerate:
- FPS limit: 65

Compatibility:
- Framebuffer texture: 2

Misc:

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
Have u tried software drivers such as Pete's Soft Driver 1.53 I have been told that it is easier to do effects/menus in software then in Hardware, so the driver might get things workin'!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts