Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help I've been trying to run FF7 PC version on Vista for the past two days no matter what I do I keep getting the black screen when I run the game. I've patched it reinstalled it ran it in compatability mode and as amdminastrator. Please anyone who knows anything I need some help badly. I've even installed the truecodec patch for the movies just still doesn't fix anything do I need to run this game in XP?

·
Premium Member
15,457 Posts
FF7PC works fine in vista, as I use it in Windows 7. All you ever needed to do was enable windows 98/ me compatability and run this program as administrator. It should work fine unless you dl'ed some warez copy like the Ultima version.

·
Final Fantasy XXX
2,413 Posts
Try updating directx 9 and graphic driver.

·
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ 龍我雷 Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
1,201 Posts
If you ever downloaded K-Lite codec pack or any ffdshow codec filters, try to disable
ffdshow from decoding True-Motion videos.. it solved the problem for me :p

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
yea but you miss out on the great mods I mean come on check this out:

YouTube - FF7 PC Advent Children Hardcore Mod #4
There´s some terrible language failures in it though: Heillig Krig?

If it´s supposed to be Holy War in German, at least do a correct translation for it to sound cool, rather than terribly lame: Heiliger Krieg

And what did they do to the Cid model? It looks really odd to me. Still cool they got to hack the hell out of this game.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Directx 10 = Directx9c / DirectX August 2009.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.