Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here i go again.. all this ff7 discussion made me want to start playing ff7 again.. i now i have all now problems with both plugins. OpenGL i can get it to work Almost flawlessly, with almost no slowdowns during battles and elsewhere, theirs just one thing. i cant seem to get the battleswirl to appear with this one..

OpenGL Settings..

And the problem im having with OpenGL2... Well it seems i can get everything to emulate, battle swirls and all. but when it comes time too fight, and i start using big spells, my game slows down and my fps drops to around between 32-40 ish.. Then when the spell is done it jumps back up to 59.. otherwise everything runs perfectly fine.

OpenGL2 Settings..

oO

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
I have got exactly the same problem.
I wonder why batleswirls are bugging also with D3D plugin, and if i might solve my problem (i mean, having no lag and being able to see battleswirls and having nice graphics) by using another emulator ?

Oh, and excuse my english ! :p

·
Registered
654 Posts
I like sssPSX for FF7, fixed my battle swirl slowdowns (and slowdowns with other games where there are timing issues with ePSXe, such as WipEout 1).

Search the PSX emu forums for FF7 OGL2. I have a config there which fixed all my probs with FF7 except the green outlines (which I don't care about).

Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.