Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got ff7 1.02 patch. How should i configure to play with hardware accelerator mode on my old and newer pc?

my newer pc

amd xp2400
geforce fx 5200
window xp

older pc: nvidia riva tnt 2, celeron 900 mhz, window ME

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,457 Posts
i wouldn't touch FFVII on a new PC with a 20 foot pole.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
With your TNT2 computer everything should run fine. The v1.02 patch IS the Riva TNT patch right?
If so, the only thing you should worry about is when the pre rendered backgrounds show some green or red lines in it. If that happens try to change the texel allignment.

Other than that, you can always try to force some Anti Aliasing with this game, though I don't know if it will work with TNT2 (never tried it myself since my CPU is way slower).
Just mess around with that as long as your framerate will be constant :)

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
I tested FFVII and FFVIII on my new PC a few days ago and everything worked rather well... FFVII is too fast sometimes (specially on the mini games) but that was the worse I found. You can force AA on both games and honestly it does some miracles over the low quality 2D backgrounds.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
A tnt riva doesn't support fsaa so i doubt he could use it,also ff7 should run fine on both systems:).

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
There's a patch for it to run better on win XP, patch 1.4, you should apply it on your new comp before playing.

·
Registered
496 Posts
That's only for the chocobo races I believe. Only apply it when you need to get past it. Direct3D is disabled in the choc patch, so it's not recommended 'till you need it.
- Modem

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
now i getting real confused, the chocobo patch disable direct 3d?

and i was asking with the 1.02 patch, what options shud be ticked or left unticked on my different PCs.there is a nvidia box which when ticked will give 2 more boxes, riva 128 and tnt.

i tried once with tnt ticked on my geforce 5200 win xp pc and i only get 2 seoncds of blackscreen before getting booted out.

tried with same setting on tnt2 pc and i get fine gameplay but... occassionally the screen flashes white.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Okay...

1: The game has multiple patches.

Windows XP patch (worthless, shouldn't use)

Chocobo patch (which isn't the RIVA TNT patch), which should *ONLY* be used when you need to get past any part of the game which needs chocobo racing. Doesn't have any sort of Direct3D options though for non-3dfx cards, however. So the game looks a little but-ugly (kinda like the PS version)

RIVA TNT patch enables Direct3D on non-3DFX cards to make the game look better. This patch works fine with all ATI and nVidia cards I've tested. Not working correctly could be a driver issue with your card. This is the one you should use regularly.

These all come in seperate .EXE's that should be able to be unzipped at any time you want. Meaning that you can just rename them in order to have them in the FF7 folder at all times. Just rename the chocobo one to something like FF7.exe.chocobo or something like that for when you need it. Then rename the ff7.exe (the TNT one) to something else if you need to use the chocobo patched one, and just rename that one (the chocobo one) back to FF7.exe. This is all it should look like when trying to run the game with the TNT patch.
- Modem

·
Emu Author
613 Posts
i had some trouble getting final fantasy 7 to run on my computer, under xp i get it to run very well except for a small problem which is the game crashing randomly and i have used different patches without success. since i have updated stuff since last i played i should probably test it again but it will probably still have same problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts