Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone could offer me any advice. During many movie scenes in FF7 (ones where the music is part of the movie itself, and not a musical track that started before the actual movie began - such as the ending movie) the music isn't synchronized with the events in the movie. Such as, if something dramatic happened right after a calm spot in the movie, the music will lag and the calm music will play during the dramatic moment (if that makes sense). To try to clarify with an example, during the ending theme when the ledge breaks out from under Clouds feet, the music will be lagged and it'll be playing the soft music when it should be the intense music. As the movie progresses, the length of time that the music is off by only increases. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but so many of the movies are GREAT and it just doesn't have the same impact when the music is completely off. I tried raising and lowering the framerate, but that only makes the sound skip badly during the movies. I'm using iori's direct sound driver 1.4 on a sound blaster live 5.1 card, and lewpy's on a voodoo 2 2000 PCI. Can anyone help me out please? Thanks in advance :) :) :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
I may seem to be a newbie but i no more than most people....heres the way it is....Just make your ff7 game into an iso the music will go strait. Thats all there is to it
goku can suck my U NO WUT!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually it is an ISO already :) I have a 40 gig hard drive full of only ISO's. isn't playstation emulation great?

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Originally posted by WUwata
I may seem to be a newbie but i no more than most people...
Someone here doesn't know modesty.:dead:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i did notice that. i ran FF7 on my tv next to my computer and on my computer, and started 'em at the same time. the emulated version was about 6 seconds a minute behind. i found a good framerate at around 66, but it still seems slightly off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts