Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a problem with Final Fantasy 7...
I've got the original PAL edition, but when I start the emulation, it goes ok, I can get to the video (new game obviously), but when it gets to the point in which the guards overlap with the video, the fps rate goes down to 2-1 fps and the sound loops... I can even wait until the camera gets close to the guards (at 1 fps), but nothing happens.... That's it... :(

I've tried with lots of different plugins and and everytime it's the same!

I am using ePSXe 1.60, with Pete's OpenGL2 2.60 (tried Pete's Direct3D7 v1.75 too) and P.E.O.P.S. Sound Plugin (I've tried the internal one too) and the Internal Win2000 cd plugin (should I try others?)
Here are Pete's settings:

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.6
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
GFX card: RADEON 9600 x86/MMX/3DNow!/SSE

Resolution/Color:
- 800x600 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing
- Internal X resolution: 1
- Internal Y resolution: 1
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off
- No render-to-texture: off

- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 1
- TexWin pixel shader: off
- VRam size: 128 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: 50

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 1
- Framebuffer effects: 2
- Framebuffer uploads: 1

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Mdec filter: on
- Screen filtering: on
- Shader effects: 0/1
- Flicker-fix border size: 0
- GF4/XP crash fix: off
- Game fixes: on [00000002]
Here it is...

Could you help me? :(

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I Have Windows 2000 PRO SP4

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hushypushy said:
probably your CD plugin. try Peops, in IOCTL mode.
You're great...
It does work FLAWLESSLY with the Peops one! I've created an SBI subchannel info from the cd and works great...

The graphics is very good... just i get little stripes of random color (green, purple, red, yellow, etc) on sprite edges (i don't know if that's the correct name.... I'll probably post a screenshot, might be useful :)) .... Is that because I activated screen filterìng or 2xSAL textures??

Thanks.... You were really helpful.... I've also switched to the Eternal SPU since I see you recommend it everywere here :D In fact the sound's very good.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
I tried your settings and 2xSaI is what's causing the green lines. FF7 doesn't seem to like any 2D filtering. You can set texture filtering to 3 or 4 without having the green lines.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
n_w95482 said:
I tried your settings and 2xSaI is what's causing the green lines. FF7 doesn't seem to like any 2D filtering. You can set texture filtering to 3 or 4 without having the green lines.
Ok that's solved....

But now maybe I've got to put it to None, because i can't see, in battle, the enemy indicator (you know when you battle and select magic or attack, i can't see what enemy i'm attacking...)

That's probably the last problem I'll have :D

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Set Off-screen drawing to max

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kane-Sama said:
Set Off-screen drawing to max
:( Nothing changes.... i've tried maxing everything under Compatibility except Framebuffer Upload but I get the same result...

Have you got any other ideas? :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tried the settings... Ok I put High resolution because it crashes with Ultra-high, but even so i don't get the arrow pointing the character i'm attacking... i get a little window in the bottom left corner with a sort of small copy of what i'm about to hit... But it's no good...

Are there any other work-arounds?

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Have you tried setting FPS limitation to auto? Have you tried the fake-sub blending fix?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kane-Sama said:
Have you tried setting FPS limitation to auto? Have you tried the fake-sub blending fix?
Solved it... sorry, was that stupid Frame Skipping on! :hdbash:

And i found out that i can use filtered sprites without any glitches!! Looks AWESOME!!! Looks better than the game on the normal PSX...

Only thing I've allready seen is that it takes a little to get to the battles...
Could I Solve that by creating an ISO?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
jabb said:
Only thing I've allready seen is that it takes a little to get to the battles...
Could I Solve that by creating an ISO?
If your running from the CD, yes. Your hard driver is much faster than a CD-ROM drive.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
jabb said:
Do I just create a CloneCD image with alcohol o do I have to do anything speciale?
I've never used Alcohol 120%, but here's a guide for Clone CD, http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34515

I'm not totally sure, but the black color on PSX CD's is supposed to fake bad sectors. Basicly, you want some sort of RAW copy. If you do some searching, I'm sure there's directions somewhere.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok thanks...

One more question: are the "shader effects" in pete's plugin useful and working? Do they improve quality?

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
shader effects are kind of goofy; there are black and white and smoothing ones, but there are cool ones like scale2x and others. some work with Geforce FX but they are incredibly slow so i wouldnt even bother. only try them if you have a Radeon 9500 and above, and you want to experiment. personally i dont think they enhahce much, but try em out and see what you like :)

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
a 9500/9600 will have its own share of problems with them, though they can be tested :p . I think you shouldn't raise compatibility settings to the max, that's probably causing the slowdown on battle swirls. 1-2-1 will be probably enough. About internal resolution, you can safely raise internal Y to 2, it's only internal X wich will hang with an ATI card.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I-Chan said:
a 9500/9600 will have its own share of problems with them, though they can be tested :p . I think you shouldn't raise compatibility settings to the max, that's probably causing the slowdown on battle swirls. 1-2-1 will be probably enough. About internal resolution, you can safely raise internal Y to 2, it's only internal X wich will hang with an ATI card.
Wow internal Y 2 looks really good.

I think I've resolved nearly everything.... I mean, the game's flowing great :)

Just a minor problem:
I get a sort drum beat instead of the sound if I press ESC to pause the game and then go back in... this stops in about 30 seconds, sometimes 45, sometimes 5 or 10.... :D

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I-Chan said:
Using Full VRam Primatives is sometimes the only way to get such effects to work at all. Lowering them will just give you a black screen for a second before a battle.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts