Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right when loaded, FF7 freezes. Yes, the "Sony Computer Entertainment America Presents" text won't fade out, no matter what buttons I press, or how many times I hit the monitor. This part of the game is pretty fun, because we can read the text soooooooo many times, but I really want to play the rest of it. The problem is not my disc; it runs greatly in VGS, but I really could use the ePSXe graphics improvement. If any of you could help me, I'd appreciate. I have a PIII600, GeForceII64Mb, 192Mb SDRAM. My plugins are Pete's OpenGL, Pete's SPU and Pete's CD-ROM. Yes, I use a all-Pete ePSXe. Any ideas? I'm really starting to freak out. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Great. Now it is running. With Pete's Software, but it is running. Can someone use FF7 with Pete's OpenGL? How? Veni, veni, venias, answer. Oh, I can't start a new game, even with Pete's Soft. My ePSXe is cursed!

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Can someone
use FF7 with Pete's OpenGL?
I can :)

And to tell you the truth: you can use it, too :)

You just have to be more patient, ehehe... the "Sony" screen is very slow in my hw/accel.
gpus with FF7/8... but there is an easy solution to speed it up: set Offscreen Drawing to 0
until the opening screens are done (don't worry, will be much quicker) and set it to
3 or 4 afterwards (using the ingame gpu menu).

That's all :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. BTW, your plugins are very good. I can't wait until next versions. Now I only have to start a new game. I didn't expect to have to solve a puzzle before starting the game.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
using the ingame gpu menu
How does one access this so-called "ingame gpu menu?" I just got FF7, and had the exact same problem (thank you, emuforums search), and I'd love to know how to do this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts