Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've been trying to make an ISO out of one of my games. The game is Final Fantasy 7.

I've had a bit of trouble trying to get a program that can create the image. Now I think i've found one, I browse to my D: drive (cdrom drive) to create the ff7 image, but nothing is there. You could say the disc is 'empty'.

Can you make an ISO out of ff7? If so how do you?

Thanks

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Well I mainly used Clone CD for creating PSX Iso's. And Mooby's plugin is able to read them. Btw, are you talking about the PC or the PSX version?

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Then I'd recommend getting Clone CD and enable subchannel reading. You can create an ISO and then you should use mooby's plugin. This is the way that worked for me. Perhaps others use other programs, but this one works for me :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot Cid, a quick reply and very very helpful. I used your setup and all is working good.

Thanks again.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
No problem, when you're in need of some help again, don't hesitate to ask :) That's what this board was made for in the first place ;)
Enjoy the game :D

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
And if you ever have some scratched psx games use isoproducer as it has a smooth read option for damaged discs,get it at aldostools.com.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, ISO producer was the one giving me problems. When I tried to configure the plugin, everything was working fine, until I specified which drive I was using for the CD. In my case it was D:

After that everytime I open ISO producer it crashes unless I move cdr.dll out of the same folder. If I do that nothing works.

Is this something to do with my CD ROM drive?

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
didnt you already say that everything was working fine before you started using ISO producer...? just dont use it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, was just telling the problem with ISO producer considering dukenukem said use that if the disk is scratched.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
if the disc is scratched try to polish out the scratch, and then use another program. if you are having problems with ISObuster, dont even bother, there are a ton of other programs out there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts