Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Ocean Soul
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've always wanted to try to beat Final Fantasy 7 in one day(one sitting at least) and me and my friend are going to try to do it. We are in the cave at Cosmo can and we are on the 7th hour right now. No problems yet...but we've just been going to back and forth playing....wondering if anyone out thing thinks we can do it...or just some type of comment...Till the next post later...

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
It will depend on how good you are at the game, and what objectives you are going to pursue. It isn't such a hard game, so it might be possible. You are playing without cheats , are you? ;)

·
Ocean Soul
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there any other way not to play such a great game? Yeah, no cheats here...With how many times we both went through this game, we most likely have over 1000hours of play...ahhh the good old days...haha okay we'll keep new info as it comes...

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
very nice my friend. i've completed FF7 in less than a solid day with my friend as well, but that was with gameshark and no random battles ;)

the shortest it's taken with no cheats is a weekend for my friend and i (also FF7 nuts :D ) because...well...sometimes we need to eat and take breaks :p

·
Ocean Soul
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
eat? break? what are they? Nah just playing, we're not that tuff. We just switch off and on. We're at rocket town now however we are an hour and a half behind since I died without saving once, oops. Jamming to Lisa Loeb is keeping our spirits whilst we trudge onward. We're just glad someone posted.

·
Back from the dead
3,741 Posts
Well, one eats while the other plays and then they switch-off. :p

If you are already to cosmo canyon and you are only 7 hours in, I believe you can beat FF7 in one day.

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
34 hours is my personal best... I had some problems with the last boss though.

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
You can't finish FFVII in one day without cheating... you need to level up a couple of materias in order to survive the last encounters, plus I imagine that you'd miss a lot from the plot since you'll be basically on a rush against the time... the less it took me to finish the game was 96 hours...

·
Ocean Soul
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I got to the 3rd disk in 23 hours before....right now we are at 10hrs and 40 minute climbing the gaea cliff....so begining of 2nd disk....well need new food pizza is getting old....hmmm what shall we look for

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
good stuff, my man. remember to take a picture of the screen when you access the menu before you fight sephiroth :)

·
Ocean Soul
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sean "Hey, can you play for a while"
Mason (Me) "by 'play for a while' do you mean 'I'm going to take a number two'"
Sean "heh...yeah"
Well....just random stuff that is funny....we said the same thing about 6 or 7 times at the same time...we want soem noodles now....will we make it? With the great "Blind Guardian" prevail and let us do it?....umm....well yeah food is good...I may have to go on a seach for some...

·
Ocean Soul
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ya know what, I think you're right. Conversation is getting pretty "od" to say the least. We're about to...

****Spoilers ( I suppose) ****

Clouds about to give the black materia to sephiroth for the second time.

****end spoiler****

around 12 hours 15 minutes, but can't check now, we'll update later

·
Ocean Soul
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Even thought no one is up...we got clound back...ultimate weapon was a little bit of a pain at level 37...but we got to 42 and it was fine...thanks to a little ultima and such.....14hrs....14mins...and 14seconds.....hmm yeah....

·
Ocean Soul
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay I can't spell...I wonder what our conversations sound like....yeah this went no where....RAWR!...bad Idea to post with very little sleep....

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
1. haha, your name is Mason. that's like a jar! i bet you get that all the time :evil:
2. if you want to make a spoiler you can just use the tag [ spoiler ] [ / spoiler ] (sans spaces of course
3. you dont have to triple post.....i know it's late for you but still, just keep editing over and over ;)

·
Ocean Soul
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ha, yeah, sorry...and the mason jar thing...yeah I drank out of one yesterday....ha....but at 15hrs and 26minutes we are heading to fight diamond...

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
What's the fun in playing game through so fast???
I mean it's supposed to take long time... I'd understand if you'd be talking about ff9...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts