Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive spent a few hours now looking through the forums for solutions to my problem. I found that i had activate some of the special game fixes so i could play FF7 properly.

When i compared the special game fixes menu to the one on Kane's Domain they werent the same.

Whats the deal?

This is his.

This is mine.

How can i get mine to kane's?

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
kane uses an older pluginin that shot. in between your release and kane's, Pete has removed/added fixes.
i do beleive your fixes are the same or at least equivalent

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well i guess that means that my problem is somthing other than the game fixes.

I start the game and when the battleswirl starts right before i go into battle mode the game crashes and i get this error.

Opcode 1a Unk (PC 000a12a8) (10580, 73)

I have no idea how to fix this. If anyone has suggestions on how to fix this problem or how to prevent other problems with ff7 i would like the input.

EDIT: I downloaded some FF7 memorycards and loaded a game and it seems to work fine. It dosent freeze when going into battle modes and the game looks even better than on the PSX. I still cant start a new game though.

I will either have to just keep trying different things or find a memorycard with a save at the place where i was before. I had sneaked out of aeris's house and saw tiffa on a cart.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No.

I found a memorycard save pretty much exactly where i was but when i entered combat it gave me the same error again.

It didnt give me any problems with battles in the disc 2 savegame so maby i ripped this iso wrong or it had to many scratches.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
So you're saying that any time you enter a battle in disc 1 it crashes but not on 2? Try remaking the disc 1 ISO. I recommend either Alcohol 120% or CloneCD. Both have ripping presets made for PSX games (PlayStation for Alcohol, Game for CloneCD).

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
I really ought to update my site at some point. It's just so much effort.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
Kane-Sama said:
I really ought to update my site at some point. It's just so much effort.
you should man...so many people look at it as the bible for FF emulation ;)

furthermore, i'd like if you put my OGL2 configs on your site too (if you deem them worthy :) ).

hmm, come to think of it....i can just post it in your forums...ill get around to it :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts