Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been able to play normally thus far... then as soon as i hit Disc 3 i get major lockup issues... well its actually more like the CD-Rom starts reading like crazy (you know that stupid sound...), I hit ... 2 FPS (gasp), and i guess thats where I get the freeze. AAANNNNDDD, its completely random. I'll go into a town, leave, fight some monsters... then boom, lockup. I'll be in the middle of a battle, boom, lockup. I enter a town, boom lockup.... or I can just be walking around. Im using Petes OpenGL 1.75, Eternal SPU 1.41, and the ePSXe WinXP CD plugin thing... Should I post specs comp? Or is my problem somehow normal???? Ive searched FF7 in search and read first 5 pages and I found nothing... anyways, looking forward to hearing from someone.... as im completely unsure how to proceed. Thnxxxxx :)

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
hmm, most likely your CD is messed up....but also, the ePSXe plugin sucks. go get Peops CDR plugin, set it to IOCTL mode, and have fun with it ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
hushypushy said:
hmm, most likely your CD is messed up....but also, the ePSXe plugin sucks. go get Peops CDR plugin, set it to IOCTL mode, and have fun with it ;)
Mmmmmk. I'll do that... And BTW: CD doesnt even have a factory mark on it :) Pure 100% unscathed. What IOCTL mode should I use? :(

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
ioctl scsi commands. Remember to use thread read caching mode.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I-Chan said:
ioctl scsi commands. Remember to use thread read caching mode.

I think i found the problem -- my DVR\\CDR isnt even recognizing it as a disc when i pop it into the drive, I have ot use my secondary drive.. but now im having a different problem... Now everytime ienter a battle or a new noise pops up, the games pauses for about 1\2 second. Its annoying because it does this almost twice a mintute and its tweakin a nerve... any suggestions? My other CDrom is an asus ... not sure what model... it came with comp, and im @ friends house lol :)

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
just try making an ISO then, that will speed up random acess times a lot.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Alcohol 120% (playstation preset, use ccd format) or clonecd (game preset) will do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts