Banned
23,263 Posts
1.L1+R1 (L2+R2 otherwise)
1.Not that i've seen so far.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So i press L1 and R1 but all that happens is the life bar of the monsters flash since im holding down the button that turns that on and off. I held them and pressed them but still cant Flee

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
You can skip the character that reached the limit by using Triangle I think, also you could just hurl a cheap spell at it in order to save it. Just keep in mind that the next round his ATB won't fill up as quickly, but at normal pace.

Btw Squall: Nice avatar ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
So i press L1 and R1 but all that happens is the life bar of the monsters flash since im holding down the button that turns that on and off. I held them and pressed them but still cant Flee
The R2 button causes the word "Target" to appear next to each enemy. Pressing R2 a second time removes the word. If you hold down R2, "Target" will rapidly appear and disappear. Is this what you are seeing?

You'll know you're holding down the right buttons when the character turn and start to run in place. You won't escape right away, but as long as the characters are running, they will eventually get away. Some battles you can't run from, but there will be a message sayin g so.

If your limit meter is full, you cannot use the normal Fight command. You can still use other commands.There are some Command Materia that have a similar effect as a normal attack. Deathblow is stronger than a normal attack but misses more often. Mug does a normal attack and tries to steal at the same time.

·
Registered
253 Posts
If you get back attacked, press the run buttons and then stop running, makes you turn around, but still changes what row your characters are in.

·
Registered
308 Posts
If you get back attacked, press the run buttons and then stop running, makes you turn around, but still changes what row your characters are in.
I did not know that.

Nice tip.

As for the OP, your best bet is either a cheap spell, or a command like mug or deathblow as somebody already suggested. Or skipping your turn with triangle. Or simply using the limit. You'll gain more powerful limits as you use them and kill enemies.

And I'm pretty sure running is L1+R1. It definitely isn't all 4 shoulder buttons.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts