Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My problem is pretty apparent based off of the topic title. Is this the normal display for FF7? I'm playing it from an ISO I ripped using ImgBurn. I've attached my GPU settings below. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 running at 2.8ghz, 8 gigs of ram, and a Geforce 9600 GSO that has 384mb of memory on it. I'm running AA Shader v2.0 as my primary shader also. Any help, or possibly GPU tweaks, would be appreciated. I'm a new user. :thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you're on a widescreen monitor, set your desktop res (native resolution of your monitor) and the window res and check the box that says "Use Window size in Fullscreen mode (Widescreen fix)
Thanks for the help, but I'm currently running it on a 4:3 LCD. I do plan on running a DVI to my plasma in the future to play it on my big screen. I assume I should check that option when attempting to do that?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
even in perfect ratio the game on a real psx has black borders, play it on psp and even through the configi set streach to full screen, you will still see black borders at different moments in the game as it was made to have to have them... even if there was a way to force the stretch, it will look terrible where different moments shift to different borders, i mean that battle, going through a 2d background, menu, title screen, world map and when a movie plays all have different sized black borders

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have (I think I do...) a similar problem. Got a NTSC version of Final Fantasy VII and the black borders/bars appear at the top and bottom of my 4:3 screen (CRT monitor).

Got ePSXe 1.7.0 (same thing in 1.6.0, though), NTSC 1001 BIOS, region set to NTSC and logger detects NTSC (I get 60 fps, too). Playing from an ISO.

Since Final Fantasy is a Square game -> Japanese -> native NTSC -> no conversion -> should be no borders!

Plugin: P.E.Op.S. OpenGL Driver 1.1.78
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce2 GTS/AGP/SSE/3DNOW!
OGL version: 1.5.3

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing
*Tried different aspects and resolutions*
- V-Sync: off
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off OFF OFFFFFF OFFFFFFFFF!
*Tried :eek:n too*

Textures:
- R8G8A8A8
- iFiltering: 4
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 64 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: off
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 4
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Framebuffer access: 3
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- 15 bit FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Game fixes: on [00000001]

Worth mentioning: NTSC Xenogears work just FINE. I don't remember FFVII having borders on a real psx (though I think I played PAL version back then so...)

Question: Is this normal NORMAL (native) for FFVII? You haven't clarified whether it is for original NTSC source or PAL or converted PAL to NTSC or other way round etc., so what is it then? I heard it might be an ISO issue, but I just can't find any connection between screen size and direct PSXCD-to-ISO, that is, when you don't apply any widescreen patches etc. or whatever some "genius" master ripper came up with.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
as i say again it does especially when you see it shifts to different sizes when its a 2d background, on he menu screen, world map and in battles... so if you eliminate on you will ruin the other black borders as they can be smaller and bigger depending what you are viewing the game

and stop assuming that jap, us or pal releases are different, all have black borders... maybe you should buy the game and see for yourself or try another emu such as psx or ssspsx and see if it occurs instead of assuming that are no borders on this game

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.