Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is odd, after a reinstall epsxe has been acting up again. iv been Cycling through Opengl / Opengl2 To see if i can get the Battle swirl To appear but it doesnt with Either Plugin, On the Opengl I have That special Game fix checked for ff7 battle curisor / swirl. still i get nothing, usualy when i enter a battle the screen blacks out then it goes into the battle.

Other then the game Seeming to run a tad faster than it should be this seems to be the only problem. another ATi Graphics card issue?

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
Nope...got to do with the compatiblity settings. Post your plugin configs.
For the faster fps, use FPS Limit and set it to 60fps.

EDIT: Use these -

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 2
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Framebuffer access: 3
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: off
- Advanced blending: on

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
That's is pretty odd...Try increasing framebuffer access or off-screen-drawing.

EDIT:

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 4
- Framebuffer texture: 0
- Framebuffer access: 4
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on

Try using ePSXe 1.5.2
The green lines are caused by ATi, forcing anistropic filtering. Disable it in the Cataylst Control Panel using Custom Settings.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
oO well delete it, delete the registry entries, and redownload only what you need from epsxe.com and ngemu.com/psx (trustworthy). then configure it like i said. those settings have helped a lot of people, im pretty sure they'll work for you.

·
Registered
152 Posts
prob coz your card doesn't support very high x res. set that to 1, using those same settings from the thread that hushypushy gave you.

fireblaster_lyz's second batch of settings work well. Combined with full screen smoothing, it looks nice, and there are absolutely no glitches, except a v small one in battle swirls (the borders mess up a bit), but it's hardly anything.

the main thing is that framebuffer effects and upload are both full. turn of high-res textures and all the crap to remove the green lines, then it will appear a bit blocky, so turn on smoothing. opengl2 can control how strong it smoothes the screen too.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
hushypushy said:
oO well delete it, delete the registry entries, and redownload only what you need from epsxe.com and ngemu.com/psx (trustworthy). then configure it like i said. those settings have helped a lot of people, im pretty sure they'll work for you.
Where are the Registries?

EDIT (late)

Okay I figgured out what the hell was causing the crash, All i did was change X Resolution to one instead of two, i think the High Emulation fecked with my card somehow. But im still geting the green line annoyance

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
yeah, after i posted i came back to add the part about the very high X, but then dutch masta covered it so i figured you'd get it. you didnt see this part? :p

if your computer doesnt support those Very High X (and IIRC it only does for Geforce 4 or FX with 5x.xx forceware) then put that on just High X.
ill change it to make it more clear.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I Actualy Didnt :D I missed that post, i went from yours. But to get rid of that gay ass green line i had to turn texture filtering COMPLEATLY down :( it looks kindof odd but hell atleast its gone now.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
make sure you don't have AF enabled. texture filtering at 4 and optionally hi-res textures at 2 produces no green lines for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.