Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEyyyy guys!
Well I have been testing my new machine with Adripsx and Epsxe. The thing is that when I use epsxe, when I change the settings I get some kind of "error" that says:

Thunk 32->16 failed (or something like that). What is this?? I say is an "Error" because it doesn't crash or anything!.

The other thing, FF7 crashes when I press new game.! I dont' know why, I have changed plugins and such. Epsxe just dissapears!!
FF8 works fine and at full speed and all of my other games.!

If you have any suggestion or something, you say it out loud.!

Thanks Guys!

System specs:

AMD Thunderbird 1.2
Gigabyte 7ZX-1 m/b
256 PC133 RAM
GeForce mx400 64mb ram
20gb hd
dvd/cdrw toshiba combo
Sound Blaster Live Value.
etc...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Id like to know what the Thunk thingy is as well..my EMU also does this, but doesnt crash and runs the games fine...
Thunk...sounds technical doesnt it??

Remember..you can only piss with the dick your given....

·
Registered
17 Posts
The Thunk error probably comes from one of the cd-rom plugins in the plugin directory (CdrTsgMSCD.dll). It expects the files subTsgMSCD16.dll and subTsgMSCD32.dll to be in the same directory as the epsxe executable. If you downloaded the plugin and just extracted it to the plugins directory (without reading the instructions and moving the two files), those two files end up in the plugins directory instead of the epsxe directory, and any time the cdrom plugin is called (such as when you go to configure the cdrom), it displays that error. The plugin itself also doesn't work in this case, and in fact doesn't even show up in the list of cdrom plugins.

Similarly for AdriPSX, move those two files out of the plugins directory and into the AdriPSX executable's directory.

Another possibility might be that this cdrom plugin can't bind to mscdex correctly (something like that might come up if the cdrom were working in dos compatibility paging mode, for example, using 16 bit DOS-level drivers). That, however, is entirely a guess.

I thought the FF7 problem was mentioned in the documentation that came with epsxe 1.2.0, but I didn't see it, so it was probably added to the FAQ later. Basically, you can't start a new game in FF7 with version 1.2.0 and, even if you load a saved game, it crashes at several different points in the game later on. There's no solution for it in 1.2.0, the suggested workarounds are to either use 1.0.1 to play FF7 (it works fine in that version) or to wait for the next version (which would theoretically have it fixed). The authors DO know about the problem.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks.. Now FF7 is working. It works in the old version but not in the new one ??? Weird..!

I'll check later about the cd plugins and see if that solves that thunk failed "error". I really don't care since it's working like a charm anyway (the emu) but sometimes it just gets on my nerves.~!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts