Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have ff7 and ff8 (both pal version) and in ff7 the emulator freezes when appears the screen in which u select whether to continue a game or start a new one.In ff8 everything is fine,except videos.Do i have to use any other plug in in order to play them???

I use pete's opengl 1.55,pete's Dsound Audio Driver 1.12 and pete's CDR Driver 1.8 (i also tried nick's Nextgl 1.6 and the default driver for cdrom but i had the same probs).

Can anybody help plssssss?

· Registered
9,992 Posts
IIRC FF7 (pal) doesn't need any patches to run correctly.

He has already patched FF8 'cos he says that it is working correctly except for videos.

To fix the freezing problem in FF7 press F4. If that doesn't work press F5 then F4.

In order to display the videos (AKA Mdecs) you need to switch them on using epsxecutor as shown in the screenshot below.

· Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i tried pressing f4 and f5 but it didn't work.I searched for patches but the only patches i found were conversions from other versions to pal,which i don't need them.Should i wait for epsxe1.5 better??

· Registered
463 Posts
don't know about you, but both copy of my ff7 ff8 run perfects *even thought ff7 the text thingy you need to use special fix for pete's gpu plugin, and ff8, can't use emulator's savestate, other wise everything run perfect * hehe
I got the uk version of ff7/ff8 so it's pal :)

· Registered
9,992 Posts
Thanks:). That's an old screenshot. If you look at the web browser you'll see that I made it in august. I'd post a more recent one except I'm on the laptop. The OS here is win 2k. Although I now have XP. The shell I use is a suite called Object Desktop. It can customise practically anything in windows.

The suite consists of WindowBlinds XP (Skin program adds XP's skin support to win 98 and 2K), DesktopX (main shell), Icon Packager(icon editor), WindowsFX (adds 3d effects and alpha transparency layers to 2K/XP), ObjectBar (Advanced taskbar replacement), Virtual Desktop(adds linux style Virtual desktops) and WinStyles (super skinner to apply skins to multiple programs all at once).

see www.wincustomize for more info.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.