Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I tried searching for threads commenting on this sort of thing but all I could really find are people talking about configuring the game.

Basically I've been watching PCSX2 for a long while and I was curious if it was finally up to the point where it could run something like FFXII in high res. I was able to get it running and all but I was getting slow speed (like maybe 40fps) after the tutorial intro scene started up.

My video card is an ATI 4870 but my CPU is just a AMD 4400+ dual core. I was considering upgrading the Mobo and CPU to something beefier but before I do I wanted to know if it's going to be feasible to run it at high res (like 1000x1000 internal) and get near constant 60fps?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
FF12 isn't incredibly intensive I would say. If you can get a Core 2/Quad up to about 3.5Ghz or so, that should be more than enough to play FF12 full speed. on my 2.83Ghz quad, I get 60FPS a good amount of the time, but certain areas slow down to about 43FPS, using 1280x1280 resolution.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FF12 isn't incredibly intensive I would say. If you can get a Core 2/Quad up to about 3.5Ghz or so, that should be more than enough to play FF12 full speed. on my 2.83Ghz quad, I get 60FPS a good amount of the time, but certain areas slow down to about 43FPS, using 1280x1280 resolution.
Are you using any of the speed hacks to do that?

·
Final Fantasy XXX
2,413 Posts
FF XII required a beefy graphic card if you're planning on play on high resolution and some cpu raw power to goes along with it. So I'd say it required both gpu and cpu for high res if you wanna play like 90+ fps = faster lvl up and die fast too =).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.