Next Generation Emulation banner

FF X on PCSX2

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  refraction 
#1 ·
Hi

I'm new member in here, after reading couple of threads I got interested about this program. However, I have several questions about FF X working on PCSX2:

1. Does it make any difference if I try to use PAL or NTSC version of the game if I live in area that only supports PAL? Far as I know, that should only affect if you try to play it on Playstation 2 but not on computer. Correct me if I'm wrong.

2. How far can you play FF X on PCSX2 and where does it hang up (besides on Aeon summoning)?

3. How well has PCSX2 group made progress on emulating FF X? I mean, do they have any percentage estimation of how much have they done from the whole process?

Thank you for sacrificing so much time on this program and hopefully you can get it finished someday.

#2 ·
1. PAL and NTSC are TV modes. You want to play on a CRT or TFT. Alas it doesn't matter. But in some cases there are compat issues. For example Suikoden 4 NTSC has playable status, while Suikoden 4 PAL has only ingame status.

2. CKEmu or prafull stated that in the FFX-Thread. It often loops in battles.

3. There's no such percentage estimation. Pcsx2 is a PS2 emulator, not a FF emulator.

#3 ·
Dunpeal said:
Hi

I'm new member in here, after reading couple of threads I got interested about this program. However, I have several questions about FF X working on PCSX2:

1. Does it make any difference if I try to use PAL or NTSC version of the game if I live in area that only supports PAL? Far as I know, that should only affect if you try to play it on Playstation 2 but not on computer. Correct me if I'm wrong. It shouldnt make much difference, might have some difference in compatability, afaik the NTSC one doesnt work as well as PAL

2. How far can you play FF X on PCSX2 and where does it hang up (besides on Aeon summoning)? Randomly, no set place, usually on speach tho

3. How well has PCSX2 group made progress on emulating FF X? I mean, do they have any percentage estimation of how much have they done from the whole process? roughly 70-80%

Thank you for sacrificing so much time on this program and hopefully you can get it finished someday.
answers best i can, FFX has been talked about a lot on here, maybe you should try the search button if you have any more questions

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.