Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
12,014 Posts
I have not seen any information about this on the sites I go to. However, Japan is getting the English VAs in a special version of FF X, which is annoying me to no end. Since this isn't the appropriate forum (FF X has nothing to do with ePSXe), I'll move it to off-topic software.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Originally posted by Evil Squall
that's cool..
but do u guys think my Duron 800, Riva TNT2 M64, 256mb ram, got enough power to run it???
Offcourse

even an old celeron 500 with TNT2 can run the game (offcourse at low resolution and lower details)

A PC version of any game does not going thru somekind of emulation stages. it's not emulated, and i think the minimum system requirement would be a Pentium II 400 with a minimum of 16 MB vga card.

Hallelujah! ;)

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i hope so...

im only at a slow pc

at amd ahtlon 750
nvidia tnt2 m64 pro 32mb
and a 128mb of ram

so do you think thhat if ffx would be released on PC can my system handle it???

second thing i dont know if its on a DVD or a four cd type

·
Registered
708 Posts
Originally posted by rei_fox
yeah i hope so...

im only at a slow pc

at amd ahtlon 750
nvidia tnt2 m64 pro 32mb
and a 128mb of ram

so do you think thhat if ffx would be released on PC can my system handle it???

second thing i dont know if its on a DVD or a four cd type
Yes, I'm sure your system can handle the game. IF the game really going to be released to PC.

And I'm also sure the distribution is on CD ROM form (DVD ROM is not very common for a regular PC home user - yet)

·
Registered
10 Posts
about system requirements

It´s known that emulators require more memory and a better processor than the same game on a PC version.

So, always is better to play a game which is made for your system instead of an emulated one.

·
Registered
12,014 Posts
If Square released FF X for PC, it would have to be on the DVD format. It would need a lot of CDs if they went with the CD format. My guess is this is a random rumor (something like this is popular, after all), perhaps even taken from some message on some forum. Based on Square's previous failures on PC and Sony's interest in Square, the odds of FF X going to PC are next to none. When Square has already stated there will be no PC port of FF X and no reliable site has yet to confirm this "news," it's more than a little difficult to believe this is more than just another rumor.

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
I also heard that FFX was Playstation 2 Exclusive... and in that site it says that FFX will be released for the PC and the PS2 on the same date... well Final Fantasy X PS2 was already released and I haven't seen any PC version yet.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Originally posted by CD
It wouldn't /have/ to be DVD. The DVD isn't really that large, IIRC.

I do think, however that this is pure shite ;)
17.5 gig isnt really that large? hmmm.... you seem to be confusing me...

TNT 2 capable of nunning FFX? mebbe at 320x200x16bit on an athlonxp 1900+... the TNT2 is well outdated, and i doubt this game, IF released on the PC , would be capable of running on my GF2MX400....

hmmm... i could be wrong though.... as usual :D

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Originally posted by Hairybudda

17.5 gig isnt really that large? hmmm.... you seem to be confusing me...

TNT 2 capable of nunning FFX? mebbe at 320x200x16bit on an athlonxp 1900+... the TNT2 is well outdated, and i doubt this game, IF released on the PC , would be capable of running on my GF2MX400....

hmmm... i could be wrong though.... as usual :D
17.5 GB??? Where da hell did you saw that... I might be wrong but i'm almost sure that the DVD are 4.5 GB or something like 10 if twosided...

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
That makes two of us.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.