Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i asked again under a difrent name and this is the answer

Hi Zell:

Thanks for your email and interest in our products.
We currently do not have any plans to release Final Fantasy X for the PC.

Regards,

Kyoko Yamashita
Marketing Communications Manager
Square Electronic Arts L.L.C.
Email: [email protected]

Waht do you think will happen next ?

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Damn. This means that I'll have to wait 5 extra years till some genius comes up with a ps2 emulator. There is no chance of me buying a ps2 period.

S

·
0 Posts
Okay guys, don"t give up hope. Perhaps Square is just saying that to throw people off the track and to reduce the number of mails asking when, how much, etc. etc. Originally Square announced that FF X was coming for PC and now they say it isn't, well, to my way of thinking, it is best to just be patient and wait. That is exactally what I'm going to do.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
50 Posts
it's going to be at least 3(from the relece of the system) years be fore a emulator can play any retal games.

1995/6 is when n64 came out and 1998/9 is when ultrahle was running games. and even that was way ahead of its time cause its still been worked on.

besides I don't want them to make it for the PC because all their going to do is port it in a lame way. like the 640x480 limit on ff7 and ff8

with next gen 64bit CPU's and multi prossers for home/office PC's I think we can handle PSX2

·
Registered
680 Posts
FF X

Those stupid programmers on squaresoft should learn the ability of todays PCs. It's stronger than Sony's golden Boy, PS2...

>>So there's no reason of not releasing FF X on PC<<

Maybe Squaresoft programmers don't know how to program a game that works on higher resolution than 640x480. And they don't want their PC customers to know their disabilities.

I meant, getting used to programming games for consoles, makes them believe there's no such thing as 800x600, or 1024x768 resolution. TV doesn't have that kind of res.
Look at FF VII (OK, I'll make exception for FF VII - it was released in the year where people are satisfied enough with 640x480) and FF VIII, these games (the PC version) was the ugliest looking graphics ever (RPG ones, people, RPGs...). You know what I mean, at least FF VIII (it's the era where TNT2 Ultra and Geforce 256 were born) - with high resolution you can see each GF with their true power! And FF VIII also have BAD backgrounds.:mad:

I still hoping that the people on Square will release FF X for PC. after what they did with FF VII and FF VIII...

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I e-mail to [email protected]

Here this is my email......................
Hi
I bought FF 7-8 for PC version
I want comment them a little.
In FF7 PC version
1.Movie is very low resolution.It looking very bad.
2.Can't play higher than 640*480 resolution.I suggest should can play in 1024*768 at least.
3.2D backgroud is also low resolution too.It looking bad too.
4.Stroy line,Character is well done :)
In FF8 PC version
1.Movie is very impressive.I can choose movie in 640*480 resulotion.It high resolution :)
2.Still can't play higher than 640*480 resolution.I suggest should can play in 1024*768 at least.
3.2D backgroud still is also low resolution too.It looking bad too.
4.Character and Music is well done :)
And I heard Squaresoft announced FFX wil release on PC.
Will you release FFX for PC version???
What about FFIX wil it release for PC???
I heard you will make remake version of FF7-8-9 for PS2
Is this possible to release remake version to PC??
If you release it.Please read my comment and solve it.
I also heard you will remake FF4-6 for handle.
Which system you will release them.
Thank you for reply my question.

Here is their reply.................
Dear Enigma
Thanks for your email. We always appreciate feedback from our fans!
Unfortunately we have no plans to release either FFIX or FFX on the PC.
Regards

Square Europe Web Team

www.finalfantasy9.co.uk
www.square-europe.com
www.playonline.com
www.frontmission3.com
www.vagrantstory-europe.com
www.parasite-eve2.com
That all information which they give to me.............
After you see this mail
You will discover they not answer about remake FF4-5-6 of handle.
And not answer about FF7-8-9 remake version too.
I also mail this to [email protected] but he not reply this yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
yep, next pc ff is 11 (or atleast so they've said) I like how someone thought they could predict when an emulator is released (as if it has to be released/made too) *but wait, has 1 example, 1 whole example!!!*

·
Registered
680 Posts
If I met one of Squaresoft's programmer, I will stuff his mouth with my bowling ball, and re-plant his brain with my old Nintendo console processor :dead:

well.. anyway, maybe you should look for this thread

that tells you about Square's plans at the last E3

or read the real story at Ps2.IGN here

I hope they will release FF X and FF XI for PC

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think as with what happens often as facts are smeared, Square probably said ff11 was for pc/ps2 and didn't really grind it into their heads that 10 wasn't going to go the path of pc (altho this seems more like sony's move to sell more ps2 units rather than Squares) an off prediction by me is that they won't release 10, but then about the time 10 hits US they suddenly say "we're making the pc version" *after all the truely desparate fans have bought a ps2* even at that many fans will still buy a ps2 since they don't want to wait a full year or more like with 7.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Textures/Textures/Textures

Ladies and Gentlemen,

There is a very real reason why they don't release re-release FFX or other old console games for PC.

I mean, besides the fact that most programmers are now swamped on the next big project, or the fact that the dedicated hardware is different from the PC, or the even the fact that the game was programmed for the specific platform in mind and thus making optimizations/shortcuts to make it work (like drastically reducing polygons dynamically in certain scene based on character position that show up horribly on high res screens), or even the fact that a re-release even on a platform as large as a PC will not come close to the same sales numbers they enjoyed on the PS2....

In the end the problem is with textures. Now I know, you are asking "what is this crazy joker talking about" but I ask you to hear me out.

The Final Fantasy Series from FFVII to FFX2 heavily used hand drawn textures in many scenes. Most times these textures are suppose to stretch the whole screen and need to allow for a unique form of depth perception. Take your normal town for example. The character is usually walking all over the place, special doors at different depths, different axises, different triggers, and it all has to seamlessly meld with the background texture. The scene probably has multiple layers of texturing to get this effect.

Now you are asking "so what? They can fix that." And I'm sure they could, but for this to happen you would need to recompile every texture for a higher resolution, for EVERY resolution! And the game would need to be smart enough how to tell what resolution it was when the game was intended for only one very small resolution. If you look at perfected emulation of any system like the PS1 and look at FFVII, VIII, or even Chrono Cross, you can tell that those backgrounds were all designed for the illusion of looking good at low rez. They may not even have a higher sampling resolution for these optical illusion textures. So bottom line you are talking about expanding the size of the graphic portion of the game by 10X, that means possibly 10 DVDs for one game. I mean FF7 only increased this for one extra resolution from 320x240 to 640x480, and that already multiplied the CDs from 1 to 4. Now you are asking to scale from 320x240 to 1280x1024 min, and to double that to really be competitive, plus widescreen resolutions.

Now I may be wrong, and there may be a very simple solution for this, but the bottom line is that SquareEnix can make more money and make more people happy if it just starts from scratch with a new game and keep the PC in mind. I am hoping that they do this for FFXIII, but even if not I'm not going to wonder why because in the end it is just a heck of allot of work.

Peace

·
Registered
811 Posts
Ladies and Gentlemen,

There is a very real reason why they don't release re-release FFX or other old console games for PC.

I mean, besides the fact that most programmers are now swamped on the next big project, or the fact that the dedicated hardware is different from the PC, or the even the fact that the game was programmed for the specific platform in mind and thus making optimizations/shortcuts to make it work (like drastically reducing polygons dynamically in certain scene based on character position that show up horribly on high res screens), or even the fact that a re-release even on a platform as large as a PC will not come close to the same sales numbers they enjoyed on the PS2....

In the end the problem is with textures. Now I know, you are asking "what is this crazy joker talking about" but I ask you to hear me out.

The Final Fantasy Series from FFVII to FFX2 heavily used hand drawn textures in many scenes. Most times these textures are suppose to stretch the whole screen and need to allow for a unique form of depth perception. Take your normal town for example. The character is usually walking all over the place, special doors at different depths, different axises, different triggers, and it all has to seamlessly meld with the background texture. The scene probably has multiple layers of texturing to get this effect.

Now you are asking "so what? They can fix that." And I'm sure they could, but for this to happen you would need to recompile every texture for a higher resolution, for EVERY resolution! And the game would need to be smart enough how to tell what resolution it was when the game was intended for only one very small resolution. If you look at perfected emulation of any system like the PS1 and look at FFVII, VIII, or even Chrono Cross, you can tell that those backgrounds were all designed for the illusion of looking good at low rez. They may not even have a higher sampling resolution for these optical illusion textures. So bottom line you are talking about expanding the size of the graphic portion of the game by 10X, that means possibly 10 DVDs for one game. I mean FF7 only increased this for one extra resolution from 320x240 to 640x480, and that already multiplied the CDs from 1 to 4. Now you are asking to scale from 320x240 to 1280x1024 min, and to double that to really be competitive, plus widescreen resolutions.

Now I may be wrong, and there may be a very simple solution for this, but the bottom line is that SquareEnix can make more money and make more people happy if it just starts from scratch with a new game and keep the PC in mind. I am hoping that they do this for FFXIII, but even if not I'm not going to wonder why because in the end it is just a heck of allot of work.

Peace
Uhhh....this post dates from June 5th, 2001oO oO .

(it keeps surprising me how people reply to such old treads)

·
Better be better than yesterday
4,098 Posts
Thanks for enlightening us raven_red but after more than 6 years now I don't think someone cares about why a FFX release on PC is possible or not.
Anyway, welcome to emuforums, dude.

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
I don't believe this. It should be obvious that posting in a 6 year old thread is not a good idea.:rolleyes: Closed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.