Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

FFX runs with 100% speed all the time, but X-2 slows down to 70-80% very often (i.e. on the airship, in every battle..).

I'm using latest gsdx (SSE3), patches disabled so that I can have sound, texture filtering on (looks horrible without it), Shader 2.0, interlacing off, NLOOP hack checked, alpha correction checked. MTGS and Dual Core mode turned on

My PC is : Core Duo 2,67ghz (E6750), 2 GB ram 800 mhz, Ati Radeon 2900xt..

·
it'se miku!
3,609 Posts
i'm getting 50fps and a bit more on the airship bridge and in almost all battles.

just use pcsx2 playground and activate EE/IOP synchacks.

and use shader 3.0, not 2.0.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Downloaded the playground, set everything as you said and, well.. no effect. 35 fps in battles. Also, even FFX works horribly bad on such settings - slowdown occurs at any speech scene (to ~80% speed) - it works much faster (!) on vanilla PCSX2 where it is almost always at 100%.

heck, even EE/IOP sync hack x3 doesn't work :/ Just does nothing - X-2 is pretty much unplayable with ~60% speed in every combat.

Maybe I have too much stuff running in the background? I'm running out of ideas.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
FFX-2 is a lot more intensive than FFX it's normal that this happens, try what nexxus said try lowering internal resolution in GSdx also maybe but more than that not much can be done, I get 36 fps in the bridge :p

Try turning off "Alpha correction (FBA)" in GSdx maybe it helped me on some battles.

ehr... you are using GSdx right? <.<

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, the latest one.

Oh well, what kind of monster PC would I need to get 100% speed in battles? ~~

·
Registered
176 Posts
Not really a monster. This game ran very slow in my rig using dx9. When I started using DX10... well, I had to set the limiter, lol. And you could use ZeroGS. This game runs really good with it, and without the "patched faces" you can see sometimes with gsdx :p.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts