Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last time I played it was 2 or 3 years ago and it worked perfectly. Now I get black screen. I tride run it from cd and from iso file. Couple months ago I changed gpu and cpu to athlon64. Could 64bit cpu be problem?

· Registered
654 Posts
A lot can happen in 2 or 3 years - new gfx card, new drivers, new opsys, new service packs, etc. Also, disk rot can set in, the disk can get warped or scratched, etc.

Other people have used ePSXe successfully with AMD64, so that's probably not the problem - AFAIK the 64-bit processors run in 32-bit emulation mode for everything that's not explicitly 64-bit, with only minor differences.

First see if your disk is okay. Run it through Nero CD-DVD Speed and use the Disk Quality test to see if there are any uncorrectable errors on the disk. Check it for scratches, especially label-side scratches (hold it up to a bright light and see if light shines through). Also check for signs of disk rot, such as circular discoloration beneath the surface of the bottom side.

Try to make an ISO of the disk using Alcohol 120%, and set it to not ignore errors.

Finally, if your disk is okay and running the ISO doesn't work, then try one of the known working configs from these forums. Mine is at this link: >>>HERE<<<

Dan

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Screen is black, fps jumps and freezes at 60. Screen stays black, it happens to fast to square logo to appear.

I tried 4 diffrent configurations on epsxe(1.5.2 & 1.6.0), psxeven, sspsx and vgs.

· Registered
654 Posts
Terrific! Glad you got it working.

Odd that it worked with ISOproducer but nor Alcohol or CloneCD... most folks have the opposite experience, judging from past posts here. Just curious - when you made the ISO with Alcohol, did you have "Ignore Errors" checked or unchecked?

Dan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.