Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I played Final Fantasy VI, European version, on EPSXE 1.5.2 until today with absolutely no problems. However, when I tried to pass on to disc 3, I couldn't.
The emulator simply won't boot the disc. All I get is a black screen. I can still load the last saved state, but the CD won't run. :hdbash:
I checked it on PsxMC and the data are there all right. The disc is not dirty nor scratched.
I have Peops Soft Plugin, Windows 2000, a Ge Force 2MX graphic card, 256 MB RAM, and I can't think of anything else...but I don't think it's configuration, until today it runned just fine.

Can anybody help me? If anyone wants to see what's wrong, here's my memory card file:

http://koshiatar.altervista.org/ffviisaved/epsxe000.mcr

http://koshiatar.altervista.org/ffviisaved/epsxe001.mcr

Thank you for any help you will give me!

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
It looks like the CD is damaged. Tell us what the log window says (the black DOS window
that appears when your run a CD)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How can I do that? Is there a way to save a log file?I thought it simply said "PAL Cd ROM detected" though...

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Go to option, Enable Log Window (or something alike),
run the CD3, click the window to put it on top, screenshot/copy the text and put it here.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay. I did it and here's what it gives:

* Running ePSXe emulator version 1.5.2.
* Memory handlers init.
* ePSXe: PSX BIOS loaded [C:\Programmi\Videogames\epsxe152\bios\scph1001.bin].

* Init Core W2k cdrom ... * First/Last track: 1 1
* Track 1: (DATA) - Start 0: (00,02,00) - Length 62:19
[D] ok
* PAL cdrom detected.
* Subchannel support from .m3s file.
* Doing init gpu[0]...
* Gpu open[0]...
* Direct input init ok.
* Doing spu init...
* Spu open...
* Pad Digital enabled.

Subchannel is enabled now, but turning it off does nothing.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
" * Init Core W2k cdrom ... * First/Last track: 1 1
* Track 1: (DATA) - Start 0: (00,02,00) - Length 62:19
[D] ok "

Last time I saw it wrote like that, I was using win9x...

- clean your CD
- try using the other XP/NT ASPI, preferably use external plugins (http://www.pbernert.com/)
- update your BIOS (don't ask for links ;))
- disable ALL subchannel support features for games that are not protected (like FF7), update ePSXe (even though it worked fine for me with 1.5.x)

If nothing works post again

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,978 Posts
hmm, yeah definitely use an IOCTL SCSI mode in a different plugin (peops is excellent, Xeven's and Sapu's autoconfigure though which is easy). try to use ePSXe 1.5.2, PSXeven, or SSSPSX.

and AFAIK you dont need subchannel for FFVII.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried most of the things you suggested me (all that I could at least...), but nothing is working by now....I really think it's the CD, but how can I be sure?

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
By looking at the surface of the disc, loading it in a real PSX or using Nero CD/DVD Speed
(usually installed with Nero Burning ROM)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The surface is clean as a mirror (the CD was new), and whrn I tried to make an image with it, it did not work. But I'll try with CD speed, it's my last resource.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Does the disc run in a PSX (or PS2)? If you can get as far as the New/Continue screen on the actual system, then chances are it is a CD Plugin or drive issue.

ISO Buster will make an image of your disc, regardless of how many read errors you get. Whether the resulting image will work or not is entirely up to luck. CloneCD, ISO Buster, and CDRWIN (in RAW mode) may also read your disc without errors even though some ISO/burning software will show some. That has a lot to do with what exactly the software asks the drive to do.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I used Ultra ISO to get a . bin file, because the ISO file I got from that program didn't work - I know I should get a "binary" ISO file, but I could not find the right option in that program.

I made sure that one of the working CD's made a working .bin file before trying that so that I would be sure it wasn't the program I was using to make a CD image that was fooling me.
But when I tried with CD 3 , it didn't work either way. So now I'm pretty sure the disc was somehow faulted.
I wonder when I'll be able to pick up the game again.. é__é

I know I wasn't clear.. é__è

·
Registered
183 Posts
Try using "extract RAW" in ISO Buster to get a bin image. I use this program for data recovery from poorly burned discs all the time, so it might work better than Ultra ISO (I'm not familiar with this program). It is also free.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts