Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm a real noobie to the ePSXe emulator, so these problems might be me being stupid. Please help me anyways!

When I play Final Fantasy VII (ISO image) I have a lot of problems. It often runs slow especially at area changes where it shakes a little. The polygons on all the people/characters jitter around a lot, and levels have these 1 pixel outlines of various colors on most big parts of the background. My sound is also weird and a bit jittery like the graphics.

My System:
AMD 64 3200+
2 gigs of DDR 400 RAM
nVidia GeForce 6600 GT

I can't believe any ps game would run slow at all on this system... so I think it's my error with ePSXe. Please help me!

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
and are you sure u'r using a plugin suitable for a nvidia video card? those are the opengl1+2 plugins. hmm you have the card pete experimented with ultra high internal resolution, you should be able to have that without having a least bit of trouble. try turning down framebuffer upload to 1, offscreen drawing to 2, and the third one frambuffer something to 2, i use that one my complete UNKNOW graphics card on a laptop that behaves as if it is from 1997 (bought in 2005) completely without lag and SMOOTH graphics with full filters (and low internal resolution with 800*600 fullscreen)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.