Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have a Macbook Pro running Vista 64 Bit smoothly. It has a 8600M GT, and it should run FF VII smoothly. The problem is that it lags during battle sequence. I attached a screen shot of the settings I use, and hopefully someone can pin point the problem. Also, when I load from a save state, the sound become shreiky or sometimes one layer of sound will be left out. Anybody?

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
and your sound problem is a common one that can occur when loading a save state, load from a memory card instead and it will work fine.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
thanks for replying squall... i changed it, but the game still slows down pretty bad once i go into that first battle... it's just lag... the music is in tact and clicking is no problem... i wonder if the macbook pro is underpowered for these tasks?

the music is in tact but laggy* and same with going through the battle menu*

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
can you post the kind of CPU that is in your system and what version of epsxe you are playing the game on? if you are still having audio issues that are not related to loading from save states, post the sound plugin you are using and a shot of how you have it configured.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
set compatibility to 1-2-2 and enable the 0x2 gamefix, disable the fullscreen shader smoothing as well.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
set Vista's power options to performance.

· Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem, turned out it was my video card driver. If you have an Asus brand video card openGL programs have trouble due to their "enhanced display driver". Here is a link to nvidia's forum explaining the issue. How to fix most Opengl Issues - NVIDIA Forums

I was able to run D3D plugins no problem, I only had the lag when I tried openGL plugins. If you can play D3D plugins without the battle lag then you might want to uninstall any proprietary software that came with your video card, or laptop, and install the plain nvidia driver. Hope this helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.