Next Generation Emulation banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Oh no, Mr. Lewpy.. I didn't mean to pressure you or anything... take your time... I think FF tactics is one of the buggiest Final Fantasy games (and it has lots of spelling mistakes.. it's kind of funny...)

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Final Fantasy Tactics set a new low in localizations. Too bad, considering the rest of the game is so good. :(

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Can't believe no one's mentioned this yet... now correct me if I'm wrong, Lewpy-o-master-of-GPUs, but doesn't Experimental Flipping need to be on in your plugin for FF battle menus to show? That solved my problem for FF9... I'd suggest trying that, Danner.

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
Sorry, m8. That don't work for FFT. Tried it already :p.

·
Registered
767 Posts
A screenshot... you inegenious... okay. :) I don't know how large/little this will appear on most of your computer screens... I'm at a resolution of 1280X960... so... okay.. here goes

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Okay, I need sectors 1 to 10 of the CD to repair my version.
It needs to be SCUS-94221.
Once you have the sectors, zip them up and send them to me :)

Here is an example of how to extract the sectors using CDRWin.

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by Lewpy
Okay, I need sectors 1 to 10 of the CD to repair my version.
It needs to be SCUS-94221.
Once you have the sectors, zip them up and send them to me :)

Here is an example of how to extract the sectors using CDRWin.

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
Dang, you're fast. 12 minute turnaround. Such service :p.

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Thanks for that :)

But unfortunately, it seems the last few sectors of my version have died as well :( I only found out when I tried to extract sectors 11 until the end!
Could you extract sectors 230291 - 230300 as well, in the same manner?
Also, could you check 230300 is your last sector?

Cheers!

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by EfrainMan
Dang, you're fast. 12 minute turnaround. Such service :p.
Really? Guess I just got lucky. :)

Lewpy, I'll check on that and post here later.

[]s Badaro

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Here's the file. And it seems 230300 is the last one.

CD tracks list :
----------------

1 Session(s) - 1 Track(s) (1 Data,0 Audio)
------------------------------------------
Track 01 - MODE 2 - 00:00:00 (000000) to 51:10:50 (230300)
[]s Badaro

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Thanks to Badaro, I now have a working version of FFT again :)
What I need now is a few save-states, demonstrating the problem.
Ideally, the save-state should be ahead of the problem occuring, with simple instructions saying how to see the problem. Why? The problem probably occurs before you actually see it on-screen, so I need to examing the rendering leading up to the problem being visible. The joys of debugging :)

Please send them to my email.

But not too many, please!!! :)

·
Registered
767 Posts
Yes, I'm about to ask a stupid question now... but... *sigh* how exactly do you work a save-state so that it stays as a retrievable thingie after you shut off ePSXe and restart it again?

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
Heya Sang! :p

you mean you can't load you're previous savestate after you restart? maybe you are used a different slot for saving.. (F2 selects slot) ..

edit: Is it just me or is ztnet in need of LIFE 2 again? :D

·
Registered
767 Posts
Hello Xev. :) Uhmm... well... what I do... is... let's say... I'm playing ff Tactics (surprise surprise)... and I hit the esc key... and I select... "save state" and I select... ohh.. slot one... and then as long as epsxe ... I can retrieve that same state... let's say.. I'm about to go into a big battle.. I choose the savestate.. and I go into battle and die. As long as epsxe is running... it lets me load said state. once I turn epsxe off though.. said state is gone into oblivion. I read somewhere about having to name your savestate the same thing as your game? I don't know what that's about... (and what kind of suffix does a savestate have anyhow...?)

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
> Is it just me or is ztnet in need of LIFE 2 again?

Yes. It's going through fast/slow spurts again (which is worse now since it's at a high traffic time).

Sangu|ne: like Xeven suggested, try using F2 to track down your savestates. I know I've accidentally saved states to a slot I didn't really mean to.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Sangu|ne: just use F1 to save savestates and F3 to load them. The "suffix" is .000 (or .001 or whatever slot you're using). You don't need to rename savestates except in the case of multiple CD games.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Ry: hello. :) funny.. I've always been doing exactly what you just said... but... I thought save states were supposed to be available for... future usage of the epsxe... ie: you can turn it off... load same game three days later and load up that save state that you saved three days prior.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts