Next Generation Emulation banner

FF tactic... is it fully emulated?

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  lizardj 
#1 · (Edited)
this game is like tactic ogre, rite?

cuz i am thinkin' of buyin' it, but my ps z burnt decades ago, so.
btw does FFT do alota offscreen drawing which can slow the speed down so much?

btw anyone kno if therez a tactic ogre snes translation in process?

#2 ·
FF Tactics is fully emulated - i didn't have any probs. playing it.
It is a bit like Ogre Battle, that's right.

There is a translation for Ogre Battle, or better Ogre Battle for SNES already IS the translated US Version.
The Japanese Game is called Tactics Ogre and only PartII has not yet been fully translated.
But there are at least 2 translation groups working on it.
Might want to check www.rpgzone.com for latest updates.

Cya

#3 ·
It's been working fine for me wit ePSXe, although wit my current rig (a built-in video mobo, i810), major texture problems and gfx are not very pretty. I'm gonna buy me a new comp sometime December I think, preferably one wit a GeForce card. Right now, I'm playing FF Tactics wit VGS v1.41.

#4 ·
It is closer to Tactics Ogre than Ogre Battle. Tactics Ogre is a different game than Ogre Battle by the way. Ogre Battle 2 for the snes is the Tactics Ogre on the psx. They never brought the snes version over to the us, and there aren't any current patches for it. But yes fft is fully playable in epsxe, go have fun with it!

#10 ·
Yes, the internal plugin is all-round, but sometimes it doesn't play some sounds that Iori's plugin play. For example, in Chrono Cross when you bumped into an ennemy when you are in exploration mode, there is a sound which is played good with Iori's plugin, and played bad or not played by other SPU plugin.

#12 ·
I just played it recently, and yeah all the sounds were there (I tried Null2's, Iori's, and Pete's). I have a PSOne (for all my 2D games), and none of them had perfect sound, but Iori's was the closest :D .

#13 ·
wut!?

Originally posted by EfrainMan
I just played it recently, and yeah all the sounds were there (I tried Null2's, Iori's, and Pete's). I have a PSOne (for all my 2D games), and none of them had perfect sound, but Iori's was the closest :D .
u tellin' me that that poor thing cant even run the games that are specificalli designed for it perfect?

#14 ·
Nooo, I mentioned my PSOne to compare the sounds on ePSXe. The sound is perfect on the PSOne (duh), and I said that none of the SPUs are perfect compared to it. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.