Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to get the general opinion on who is like me not looking forward to the final fantasy series going online ...yeah square has the capibility to do something revelutionary but im just worried about it becoming a diablo clone like one of my other favorite rpg series i mean phantasy star is fun and all but its not ...you know ...rpgish enough?:) i dont know about you but final fantasy is a game to be played alone in the dark........ till 4am :) theres plenty of other games that should satisfy peoples multi player gaming needs i dont think they should change it

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
First of all, this belongs in off-topic software, so I'm going to move it there.

As for your topic, I've never liked the idea of online RPGs because the quality of the plot depends on the willingness of your companions to roleplay. Since most people are just going to be lame, the quality of the game will reflect that. Final Fantasy may be even worse, because more people will be playing it, with undoubtedly worse attitudes to go with it. Server stability is also going to be a major question for the first couple months at least. Companies with less frequented servers are already swamped as it is.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
re

hey i dont mean to like ...doubt an admin but i dont think this post should be in off topic software i mean it is essiantaly software but i think in the general forum it would get more views/replys cause id say 90% of people that are in to general emulation are in to final fantasy hell.....you guys should have a final fantasy discussion room .............................................dont ichi-ban me

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Re: re

If you are looking for replies post anything in offtopic and you will get plenty of replies.:D

Anyway,i have never been an admirer of online gaming and I guess I can never afford it here in India with lack of decent internet connection speeds.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow

wow i cant beleive people are in to video games in india woulda never thought is there alot of people there that are into video games?

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Re: wow

Originally posted by eazye
wow i cant beleive people are in to video games in india woulda never thought is there alot of people there that are into video games?
Yes a lot of people are into video games here but I think I was the one who started to spread the word about emulation.Most people are still ignorant about emulation possibilities and when they are told about it they just cant believe that its possible.
These days psx has been very popular here and dreamcast is getting popular only now(when its already said to be dead).

*I think thats enough for now (dont want to take this away from the main topic).

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
I agree with Ryos' post. Heck, if I've beaten the game, I probably would want to get on just to mess around with some noobs. :evil:
It also seems to be like Phantasy Star Online if it's online. Which is why FFXI will be the only FF game I'll never play. I'm getting XII though, as it's back onto the one player genre.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,077 Posts
Originally posted by prafull

Most people are still ignorant about emulation possibilities and when they are told about it they just cant believe that its possible.

same here in my country.

And to reply to the topic, dont worry, just wait for ff11 :)

I dont really care so much about the online one, what i care is the ff11, which i hope a pc version is availble instead of only ps2 owner can play it.

FF10 online is a good idea for square to gain money, but it is not a good choice for us who sometimes even has problems to pay for our internet bills :(

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Originally posted by Nightmare

same here in my country.

And to reply to the topic, dont worry, just wait for ff11 :)

I dont really care so much about the online one, what i care is the ff11, which i hope a pc version is availble instead of only ps2 owner can play it.

FF10 online is a good idea for square to gain money, but it is not a good choice for us who sometimes even has problems to pay for our internet bills :(
umm...FFX isn't online. FFXI is the one that's online. So wait for FFXII ;)

·
The (V)ighty |>uffleHuff
607 Posts
ya, ffX is one player, but on ps2....
ffXI is multiplayer, but on multi platforms,
and apparently ff12 (screw the romans) is single player with not announced platforms.....

they are probly waitin to see sales results on ffXI b4 announcing platforms.....

as for the original question, i dont think ff should go online, it takes away from that uniqueness of ff and makes it like other rpgs

·
Registered
72 Posts
ffonline

i think squaresoft makes enough money with continuing the normal way of ff...they can make ffx then ffonline and the ffxi. even if the translation of the psx version to pc version is the worst i have ever seen, they should make a pc version too! real ff fans like would play it! even if its bad or good! just take shining force *lol* (made a thread of s. f.) its very old but i think when they would make a pc version of it, i would buy it!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
i think its all messed up...ever since ff 8, its started to get messed up. ff9 didn't get that high a rating, now i'm hearing complaints about ffx not having enuf fighting and too much movies/fmv/cut scenes. Whats going on with square? are they being retarded? i mean they just got a new president, and yet they still going downhill. *sigh* what do we FF fans do? what CAN we do? (forums are for our own entertainment...besides that, it dun do jack to square...unless the square president comes here and chats or something..lol):D

If ffxi fails, they're gonna be pissed and they only have themselves to blame. I wish they'd just stick with the old final fantasy style and not run totally out of business. Notice ps2 isn't THAT hot (at least not as hot as the ps1). With that fact, how many people are gonna spend money on ffx? If they dun generate enuf profit, they're gonna ***** again (just like they did for ff:tsw), now there won't be any more ff movies! :cry:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hum... According to previews every session will have a different Plot and you won't have a fix character, but'll keep the experience. So, every match the group gets a character with a basic plot, but at the end all them go together to slay the source of the evil. Not very FF-like at all... ¬¬'

1 - 17 of 17 Posts