Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have a problem with FFIX. I can play several other games with the emulator but not this and my problem is i don't know what my failure is. I am using W2K and when i try to start the game from the cdrom only a black screen appears. It would be great if someone could help me with my prob.

Thx in advance

Fowler from northern germany

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At first, thx, but then i still have another question, and it seems to be a noob one, but anyway. How can i create a ISO file to work with epsxe? Which Program do i have to use, and where can i find such a patch?

As the last time, thx in advance

Fowler

·
Registered
12,014 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
i don't think its any problem with patching...u have the US version of FF IX right?

I had that screen too and someone told me to run regedit and turn on mdec timing (0-->1) and turn off some other mdec thingy.

if u locate the epsxe directory under current_user-->software, there should be 2 mdec options...one is at 0, and the other at 1, just flip them (the one that has the 1 value, change it to 0, and the one with the 0 value, change to 1)

I'm not sure how accurate this is but ever since i re downloaded epsxe 1.4.0 (the standalone, not the self installing one), there was no mdec function in regedit and ff ix runs REALLY NICE!
Hope that helps :cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey fowler what program did u use to make the iso file..

i used iso buster but it makes the iso files more than the combined files on the cd, is this right,
for example.
Disk 1 is : (740,731,824 bytes)
Disk 2 is : (689,020,752 bytes)
Disk 3 is : (729,771,504 bytes)
Disk 4 is : (688,430,400 bytes)
how am I supposed to burn the 700 meg + ones back to a cd.

And one more question generally to anyone with this knowledge,
and I then supposed to unextract the files from the cracked bin file to write back to the cd to play? (So the cd's file structure is the same as it originally was before hacing to crack it?)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Pablo, i just used the modified ISO Files to play with epsxe, i didn't burn them to a cdr. To ur prob, my first ISO is the only one that would make a problem its size is 706 MB but i think that this would still fit on a 700MB CDR with overburning, but try at ur own risk ;) . The others should easyly fit on normal CDRs. And yes i also used Isobuster.

The complete Isofiles are over 2GB but as long u have the space, i think u should just put them on harddisk, its the easiest way, i think.

Hope this helps. Fowler

·
IceyD the Ice Cold Prince
176 Posts
You dont even have to make an iso to play final fantasy 9 all you have to is have Pete's CDR ASPI/IOCTL Driver 1.8 plugin because you can select a patch file so you can save hard disk space or cd'rs.
;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.