Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
ugh, is your first language English? if so...you might want to proofread your posts before you submit them (or go back and edit them). if it's not, then keep working on it ;)

anyway if i understand you correctly...i'd suggest saving at the end of disc1, then quitting the emulator, putting in disc2, and going from there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Sorry, English is not my Motherlanguage but anyway, I was a little tired of searching for a solution, my english got 100% worse.
Uhm well to explain my question, I saved on the worldmap before Cleyra's Trunk.
If I enter it after a small conversation the screen goes black.
But thats not the point, I try to reload my save from the memorycard as anyone said (if I use Save-states i should do so, cause this could be the reason of that black-screen). I tried that but it wont let me change after loading to disc 2, it says: "Wrong disc insert" or something like that. But why? I've got the NTSC-version
and I changed the disc before, while loading the new part of the game.
whats wrong? Can someone help me out there?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah but when I try that, there is a "Wrong disc insert" on the screen,
I mounted the new ISO with CD 2 and it worked before, but now it won't, I have to load from Disc 1 isn't that right? I mean from the Main Menu.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried Mooby2's with my ISO's but the problem is still there.
Don't think I didn't change the CDs where I have to, I sure did.
But anyway, the problem is there, it seems like a Copy Protection which wont let FF IX think the CD is the right one. But I already changed it before, but why doen't it work now ...?

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
What I suggested is that you run FFIX from the CD-ROM drive using your CDs.

Forget the images.
You could have screwed up the naming of the images and besides, no PPF patches are required for the NTSC U/C region of FFIX.

·
Back to regular business
3,317 Posts
Stupid question: Are you supposed to be on Disc 2 now? Did you already finish Burmecia? After doing so the game will tell you to change the disc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not sure if anyone's still reading this thread as the last post was on the 6th Nov, but I had a problem similar to this and solved it by using a program called 'Alcohol 120%' (I think there's a few others aswell) to create a virtual CD drive on my pc. Anytime a game needs a CD change I just minimize my emulator, open up Alcohol and mount the new CD to the virtual drive. Obviously your CD Plugin has to bet set to use this drive from the beginning.
I'm not saying this will definitely work for you but it's certainly worth a try!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.