Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to apologise in advance because I know that this game has been done to DEATH but I've done everything that I have been told to do, and it Still won't work.

I have a PAL version of the FF IX game, I have got the ppf's (which could be corrupted or just incorrect) the bios seems to work. I've got it pretty much set up as should be. However, when I come to play the game, the paradox 'please go legal' screen appears, and after that... Black screen.

I'm very sorry for asking but I can't seem to find any way to deal with it. Any help?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
grab a copy of Alcohol 50 free, or Daemon tools, and rip the image to a CCD, with subchannel reads enabled. then mount if and read a CDR plugin.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
does it work when being run from the disc?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
have you tried running it on a different emulator?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
i dont know really, what squall suggested earlier should have corrected the problem. it obviously appears to be the copy protection doing this, and that image format usually gets around it just fine. just try it on another emulator like psx and see if there is any difference because other than that i dont know what else to say.

edit- i hate having to be so direct about this but i honestly dont think ive ever heard about a message like that coming up before. like i said earlier, the .ccd format almost always corrects the copy protection part and the similarities between your case and others ive seen ends with the black screen, this whole "paradox" part is really odd, so are you using a pirated copy or something?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
no... the copy is legit... I thought the paradox 'go legal' thing was part of the ppf... maybe it's designed to stop people playing the games or something? I'll see if I can find a new ppf. Thanks everyone!
thats fine then, i wasnt trying to accuse you or anything, its just that the message you are getting is really strange and im wondering why the image format that was suggested failed to work this time.

i have to ask though, are you absolutely sure you made that image correctly? this might be tedious but its best if we can be as certain as we can about ruling this possibility out, so just try it one more time and make sure you follow the steps that are explained in the thread below to the letter.

http://forums.ngemu.com/misc-psx-discussion/34515-how-make-perfect-backup-psx-games.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.