Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I played Final Fantasy IX until the very last battle and everything was just fine. There have been a few bugs, but nothing really important.

The problem arises while I'm watching the final FMV's. The game just freezes and I'm sure it is not a disc problem, because I tried with a different disc in perfect condition and even with disc images and it always freezed exactly on the same spot.
Also I tried every other video plugin I had, but the problem was always there.

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
yeah, they fixed a lot of crap with 1.6.0 but they ended up breaking compatibility with some games, specifically some FF ones and most notably FF9

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hum, this is strange since I played the whole game on 1.6.0 and it always worked fine until that final scene - actually, 1.5.2 wouldn't let me change discs and that's why I switched. It was a lot slower though, even with disc images.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
KoShiatar said:
Hum, this is strange since I played the whole game on 1.6.0 and it always worked fine until that final scene - actually, 1.5.2 wouldn't let me change discs and that's why I switched. It was a lot slower though, even with disc images.
Wow, it seems your the only one not to get the dali FMV crash then.:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, no Dali FMV crash whatsoever. Perhaps it was due to a fault not present in the Italian version.
The game slowed down on the world map or during certain spellcastings where too many poligons appeared on screen.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
clouds bro said:
Wow, it seems your the only one not to get the dali FMV crash then.:)
Raziel didnt get it on his, i believe he played the NTSC U/C version...someone else posted that they didnt get it. it's kind of sporadic, some people dont have the problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.