Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just read that the ffIX will include an on line game or optins and it will be released for the xbox .
but there is some thing i want to know ;did any of ff series came to the dreamcast ?

S

·
0 Posts
No, none of the FF series ever made it to the Dreamcast. I don't think any of Square's games were on the Dreamcast. Perhaps they and Sega just couldn't cut a deal.:(
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Where did you see it would be released for the xbox?
Square never said that!

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
my sisters hairdresser lady told her that a ladys friend who knows someone who heard about it being ported to the xbox.. :eek:

seriously speaking, i havent heard anything about square porting to xbox or dc. however i have heard that they were gonna port a bunch of psx titles to the ps2..

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Yes Bgnome I believe that's how he's been told it wwas ported to xbox.
I would have believed him if he said GameCube since Square is doing everything to work again with Nintendo(They recently started selling Nintendo stuff in their shops and it is said -I wrote "said" not "official"- that they want to port FF4-5-6 to the GameBoy Advance).

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'd dearly love to see FF4-6 on the gameboy advance (it's like a little handheld snes - what more could you want?), but aparently Nintendo aren't interested - they still hold a grudge over square ditching the N64.

What a bunch of babies.

S

·
0 Posts
I doubt we will see any Square titles on GBA because the president of Nintendo is still upset w/Square. He has said that there are no plans for any Square titles to appear on either machine, the Game Cube or GBA.:( Square has been trying, but, so far, Nintendo hasn't budged. That's Nintendo for you.:mad:
sincerely,
sx/amiga

S

·
0 Posts
Nope, the GBA. I read in a Video Game magazine the Square would like to port FF4, FF 5, and FF 6 to the GBA because the GBA is very much like a Super Nintendo, except that it will be 32 bit instead of 16 bit like the SNES. This would make it easier for themm to port these games. If only NINTENDO will agree:idea:
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
345 Posts
i posted this link in another thread it might settle some dispute about the ff series going to the xbox

http://www.psxextreme.com/scripts/news2/new.asp?newID=522

alright try this one

here is the intresting paragraph in it
More so, Square added that they will be releasing Final Fantasy XI (Online) only on Windows and Playstation 2. So it is uncertain whether or not XBox will get it, but seeing as how Square stated they have no intention on developing for the XBox, I am led to believe that a PC version of FFXI will ship not a XBox version. Be aware that the PS2 will be the first system to get the Online Final Fantasy game, and we all should have our PS2 hard-drives and broadband adapters by that time so there's no need to worry.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts