Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my good friends. First off, I love you. Second off, FF Chronicles is awesome, particularly FFIV. Since it is the "hard" mode the story is SO MUCH different than the US FFII. Different in a VERY GOOD way. So go play it if you have only played the US LAME version.

Anyway, emulation runs fine for me using Pete's software driver and internal spu. But one thing is the layers are messed up. I mean items such as chests and tables that are simple sprites with transparent sections are not transparent. The the transparancies show up black, which is very annoying since it can make it hard to find certain things. Anyone know how to solve this? Or can look into it?

S

·
0 Posts
I don't know what your problem is, but may I as you a question? Where do you live? I live in the US in California and I had heard that FF Chronicles wasn't due to be released until July 11th. Is it out now, do you live in the US also, if so, where, may I ask. I am so interested because I am anxious to get this title and if it is out now, I will, most certainly, go out and purchase it. Thanks for any information.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Live...

I live in Washington, USA. I ordered it off the net and it arrived this Monday. It is in stores in WA and I would imagine it is in CA too...

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
You know, the translated FF IV (ROM) for SNES has been out for quite some time now. It's the hard japanese version with the full story, and the translation group did a great job on it. BTW, am I the only one that finds it ironic that third-party translation groups do better translation jobs than the actual game companies? I mean look at the FF5 translation from Square and from RPGe (translation group). The RPGe translation is way better than Square's. I think part of the reason is that companies are too focused on release dates, and don't put enough effort into the game and end up with a rushed job(ending of Chrono Cross). Or maybe it's an even simpler reason, they have crappy translators!! Now, what Square should focus on is a US release of Seiken Densetsu 3. It was supposed to be Secret of Mana 2 but was never released in the US. It's already been translated by a third-party group but most US audiences never got to play that great game. I'm tired of all these clone releases (FF4, Chrono Trigger, FF6).

S

·
0 Posts
Thanks Brumbeck for the info. I picked up my copy today at Funcoland. I'll try it out tonight and see if I can figure out the transparency problem. If I do, I'll let you know the solution,
Demigod79, I am glad to see some of the old classics come to the PSX. Especially if they improve them in some way. It is a trend that i hope continues.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
513 Posts
Before you go and get a copy, sxamiga, you might want to be aware that a few early copies of the game seem to have problems in certain PS models.

Taken from the GameFAQs main page:
"Since it's such a popular and anticipated title, (and considering that there have been three Final Fantasy titles on the top 10 list for almost a year now), here's a word of warning: The Final Fantasy IV CD doesn't work. Well, it may or may not work for you, depending on your PlayStation, the phase of the moon, recent solar flare activity, and the beating of a butterfly's wings in a South American rainforest. RPGamer.com is reporting that EA has verified that there is a universal problem, so if you've got a copy, it's probably just best to wait until a new batch has been delivered to your local retailer before exchanging it."

I don't own the game myself, but I can't help but to wonder if possibly changing the BIOS might resolve the problem for some copies of the CD, but, as I said, I can't say for certain.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
All FF4 CG is FF7 quality
You will got only 1 movie in this games..................
All graphic in gameplay is same as SNES...........
This information might help you...............

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
For Chrono Trigger
There are movie about 10 movies...................(If I remember not wrong)...................
All graphic in gameplay is same as SNES
For fan of DBZ they might like.................

S

·
0 Posts
Cluthu, thanks for the info. They warned me about this when I bought it at FuncoLand. They said that it did not work on older models of the PSX. I tried FF IV last night w/ePSXe and it worked fine. In the battles scenes the music starts playing way to fast and there are some graphics glitches that I can't seem to get rid of, but other than that the game plays great. Guess I got lucky.
Brumbeck, I see what you mean about the Black rectangles. I can't get rid of them either. Guess we'll just have to wait for Pete's next GPU release and see if that helps. BTW did your music ever speed up real real fast when in battle? I'm using Pete's Direct Sound vers. 1.10 and it does this. What sound SPU did you use? Thanks for any help.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
136 Posts
sxamiga, the Battle music is XA!
Iori's can cure this but has some problems with normal sounds!
As for Pete's DirectSound, Make sure these 2 things, that "Change XA pitch. if it is playing too fast" is UnChecked! and that you have the timing set to NTSC! (or AutoDetect)

The only 2 Plugins i've found that work flawlessy with FF4 are Pete's Dsound and the Internal one! Pete's MiDAS has minimal glitches in normal sounds! Null2's, Prodigy and Iori's all suffer from wierd glitches! Iori's is most noticable at the main screen, where the sound just keeps looping rather than changing! Null2's and Prodigy's cut out very early on! :(

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
Square re-made FF4, FF5, FF6 and Chrono Trigger for PSX (FF Anthologies : FF5, FF6 and FF Chronicles : FF4 and Chrono Trigger). The graphics and gameplay is like the SNES versions but they also put in some movies, although there are only a couple. Plus they add some flashy graphical effects (like the swirly effect in FF5 at battles) which add about 5 seconds to the wait time and aren't appealing at all. Personally, I don't know why they remade those games. I think they should re-make some of the games they never released in the US, like FF3 and Seiken Densetsu 3.

BTW, the FF4 in FF Chronicles is the hard version of FF4, not the wussed down US version(FF2). Still, I prefer the translated SNES ROM. It takes much faster to load and the translation is better!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Hi guys,
Can someone give me the best config for chrono trigger?
Plz, My spec: pentiumIII,800mhz,256mbram,nvidia riva tnt2,windows me+ 1 year warranty!!!
Plz help me!!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts