Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here I am playing the Disc 1 of FF9 without any problems. When it comes to changing to Disc 2 the epsxe becomes unresponsive when i try to load my game. Due to me trying out all sorts of different video plugins my save states have mysteriously vanished when i execute the program but still exist in the sstates folder. Using v1.7 and 1.6 doesn't work either when i fiddle with the plugins. Mounting Disc 2 on Daemon Tools creates the eternal black screen.

Someone please help me so I may enjoy the remaining week of my holiday :(:(

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
Dude. When you finish the first disc of Final Fantasy IX, the game will prompt you to save.

SAVE YOUR GAME.

QUIT THE EMULATOR (FILE > EXIT )

RESTART EPSXE.

LOAD THE ISO FOR DISC 2.

PRESTO!! YOUR DONE!!

The last save you made should be on the save menu you as "Beginning of Disc 2"

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nah I've tried that. When I try loading the game manually using the iso version epsxe starts becoming unresponsive. Same thing happens when I try loading with the actual ps1 Disc 2 cd.

Loading using sstates doesn't seem to make sense cause everytime I change Isos my sstates disappear.

I got the Iso from a friend of mine. We're both Vista users but his seems to work just fine.

By the way, when I try to close the epsxe window it always becomes unresponsive even if the game runs fine.

Sigh.

Please help :(

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
you dont load from save states since it is disc specific, we meant at the end of disc 1 save to memory card then load disc 2 and load the save on the memory card.... it will only work with memory cards since the save states are specific to the disc you are using only

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh i see thanks for the info. But reloading from the memory card makes my epsxe unresponsive. Running direct from the CD doesn't work either cause it will be unresponsive before i even see the main menu.

What do you mean by remastering the image? And I heard that you can load your sstates on different cds if you rename the file. Can someone kindly explain?

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
Dude save at the nearest point, clear out your install of epsxe and get yourself a fresh copy. What exactly do you mean by "unresponsive"?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
i suspect the issue at hand is a blackscreen lockup due to Disk read or IMG read errors,

Make use of Sapu CDR 1.3 instead.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's a screenshot of what I get when I try loading manual saves using Disc 2 (ISO) and opening the game using the actual CD.

And what's a Sapu CDR 1.3? Please forgive my ignorance.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
a CD Plugin, hence the CDR bit of the name, the thread the plugin is attached to is linked in my Third party CDR plugins sticky.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Just select the drive the disk is in, and it should work with everything else set to auto.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just tried that but unfortunately it doesn't help. Loading using v1.52 doesnt work either.

There was a mention of renaming your sstates so you can load it with Disc 2. Does that work? And if yes, how exactly might I do that?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
It won't work, The state will crash emulation.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Success!! By using the configurations from lordkane I can now play Disc 2 via actual CD.

HOWEVER!

I only have the Disc 2 cd. I have a bad feeling the others were thrown away a long time ago. I do have the ISOS for all cds though but I'm afraid of running into problems when I try switching discs again.

So is there any way I can burn the ISOS onto cds? Just tried that using CloneCD but it didn't work.. Or maybe I messed up with that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.