Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was playing final fantasy 9, and minimized it. I later opened a new window, and played that for about...7 hours. I saved, quit that window, then closed the original window. Now, when I go to load game, it only has the save from 7 hours ago! Please tell me there IS a way to fix it other than replaying the game.
Thanks

·
Registered
654 Posts
When you close an ePSXe gameplay window, that's when the save files actually get written to your hard drive. So whichever window you closed last is the one that wrote the save file, provided both instances of ePSXe were run from the same folder.

Dan

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
Please tell me there IS a way to fix it other than replaying the game.
you know, i could tell you that, but i have a personal policy of not lying to people who need help.

basically, to expand on what dbhankins said, when you make a memory card save in ePSXe, it saves it to VRAM, and when you shut down properly (press escape and close the GUI) it THEN writes it to a permanent file.

the lesson here is that whenever you play, save to memory card, and close down the emulator properly.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
the chances of finding a save game exactly where you were are very slim. i'd suggest you you that since you already beat that part, turn off the frame limiter and speed through it as fast as possible.

·
Narcissist
725 Posts
GameFAQ saves tend to be those uber, just-before-the-final-boss things. Ugh.

russianmaster said:
thx for that, im on it....still sux...7 hours = looong.
Then you're going to love the part near the endgame where you get to take time out from the story to get everyone skills, only to realise that some items that you need were only available in previous discs, forcing you to replay the entire game if you really wanted them.

:hdbash:

·
...and now they do.
21,673 Posts
or use gameshark codes. what can i say, i'm naughty. ;)
besides, technically you've done the exping already. it'd be wrong to have to do it again. :innocent:

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
When exactly do you meet Eiko?

I quit the game as soon as we were entering Madain Sari, I never went out of my way to do anything special in the game. So if you'd want me to, I can upload my save game tonight :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cid Highwind said:
When exactly do you meet Eiko?

I quit the game as soon as we were entering Madain Sari, I never went out of my way to do anything special in the game. So if you'd want me to, I can upload my save game tonight :)
i started replaying the damn game from where i left off....you meet eiko when you get to conde petie, the dwarf village thing. What items are only available in the first couple discs?

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
I don't know, I might have missed out on some stuff because I just wanted to play the game for the story and the music, so I don't think I've got all that you can steal from certain bosses. The game is easy on its own without having the most powerful weapons anyway :p

·
Narcissist
725 Posts
russianmaster said:
What items are only available in the first couple discs?
Oh, nothing gamebreaking, don't worry about that. Just a few items that allow some characters to learn some skills. I hate it when I see empty slots in the character skills screen. You don't really need them, but I'm not sure if any of them were important (like regen or something).

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Most "special" items are obtained by stealing them from bosses, but the weapons you steal in the beginning of the game will appear in shops later in the game anyway :)

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
7 hours is nothing, i played LOZ:OOT for 6 hours yesterday and i was forced to quit because i was going out with friends. you can do it ;)

·
Narcissist
725 Posts
hushypushy said:
7 hours is nothing, i played LOZ:OOT for 6 hours yesterday and i was forced to quit because i was going out with friends.
Not everyone's a masochist like we are :lol: I remember FF9 though, almost all my battles were speeded up framelimiting off... yes it gets annoying waiting for the animations, victory dance, etc...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.