Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to ePSXe and I am having much trouble getting Final Fantasy 8 to work properly.
(1) When I start up, the video doesn't work, there is just sound (choppy at that), and all it shows is some multi-colored lines, in between some grey ones.
(2)When the game does get past the FMV, it is real speedy. Everyone walks fast and sometimes the words go incomprehensible with red.

Are there some new plugins I have to get, if so where can I get them?

Any help with this would be much appreciated.
:(

·
Registered
12,014 Posts
Please tell us what plugins you are currently using and their configurations. The solution to the speed problem is simple (what version are you playing? NTSC or PAL?), and the other ones might also be simple, depending on what you have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am using a lot of different plugins, but since i am new i don't know if they are any good or not.
the plugins i have are:

VIDEO-
-Lewpy's 3dfx/Glide3 GPU 1.31
-OGL renderer 1.8
-Pete's D3D Driver 1.46
-Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.46
-Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.46
-Pete's Soft Driver 1.46
-Segu Direct3D Driver 1.3

SOUND-
-ePSXe SPU core 1.4.0.
-No Sound 0.4
-Null2's Audio Driver 1.3
-Pete's MIDAS Audio Driver 1.7

BIOS-
-scph7502.bin

I have tried MANY different configs and I still can't get them to work. Do you know any working configs? Or do they vary depending on hardware?

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
6,550 Posts
All of you're plugins are outdated, you need to get the latest versions of these files. Better yet, you might want to consider doing a fresh install of ePSXe. First do the following:

1. Goto Start->Run
2. type regedit
Then delete the following registry keys.
3. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\epsxe
4. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Vision Thing
5. Download the following file: Updated Installer Pack
6. Unzip it to X:\ ..
7. Then you can start reconfiguring your plugins... :)

Here is a guide at psxfanatics, for configuring ePSXe using epsxecutor .. ePSXe Guide

-- hope this helps ...

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
6,550 Posts
> I cannot install my ePSXe because it doesn't have a install program. Is it supposed to have one?

Did you get it from that updated plugins link I've posted above? If you did, you only need to unzip it (by using say, Winzip) to your drive.

Or if you like, you can get the one here at NGEmu, (which has installer) but you'd have to update the plugins yourself. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.