Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!!! I defeated Midgar Zolom (it was written : learned Enemy Skill "Beta"),
but i didn't got this magic.i looked everywhere : magic list,Enemy Skill list, materia list......there was no BETA...Where did it disappeared?maybe it is a bug?? (i play on psx emu)can it be a trouble with emu?? or with cd maybe??please help... :hdbash:

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
You could always try battling the enemy again as there's no limit to the amount of times you can battle it.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Where did you learn it? How many times did it not work? This may have no relevance, but me and my cousin were trying to master the Enemy skill materia and he needed Trine, now the only two monsters that cast this are Yffiee's dad, you got to fight him in that five story temple, and that bug-like boss beast in the Niblehime(sp? Cloud's hometown) mines. You can only fight these guys once, but you can fight the bug in the battle arena, only problem is if you learn the skill, you won't keep it. Don't know if that helps.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Taken from some Aardvark's FAQ :

"To learn an enemy skill, an opponent must use the skill on a character who is
equipped with the enemy skill materia. Once hit, your character will spin a
circle and you will see "Learned Enemy Skill xxxxxxxx". Once this is said, you
may use that skill for the remainder of the battle. Upon winning the battle
you will be able to use that skill from that particular enemy skill materia
at any time. Should you run from the battle or be kicked off of it, you will
NOT retain the skill. You can NOT learn enemy skills in the battle arena and
you can NOT learn them by having one party member casting them onto another
party member."

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
n_w95482 : i defeated it 4 times...NOTHING... :mad:
StellarKnight : hmm.what kind of "different"..I think Enemy Skill is unique
VDDZ : i learned it in the Midgar Zolom (near the Chocobo farm)..I don't know is it working, because i DON"T HAVE IT....(it was written : learned Enemy Skill "Beta"),but i didn't got this magic..
fireblaster_lyz : no, i killed it 4 times
BRILLIANT : but it was written : learned Enemy Skill "Beta"..i must have it...
what's the problem??but thank you for the answers....hmmm if it is a bug i will have to stop playing this fantastic game...

·
Registered
450 Posts
Was the character that learned the skill knocked out of the battle with that tailwhip that the Zolom uses? That's the only thing i can think o. Are you playing on an emulator or PSX (have to ask)?

·
Registered
378 Posts
if the character dies from being hit you have to revive him during the battle or you lose the skill.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,978 Posts
i coulda sworn that you still learn it if you run away...oh well :rolleyes:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Midgar Zolom only performs Beta when low on HP.

It has 4000HP, when it is nearly dead he rises on his "tail", than just wait :heh:.

-DeathPenalty

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cowfez : Was the character that learned the skill knocked out of the battle with that tailwhip that the Zolom uses? That's the only thing i can think o. Are you playing on an emulator or PSX (have to ask)?
THAT'S RIGHT!!!!!Tifa always was knocked out, and she had Enemy Skill Materia..So i tried to put it to Barret.And know is OK.Thanks.But strange that everytime when i was fightning against Zolom, everytime Tifa was knocked out..a coincidence i think.(i am playing on an emulator)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Actually, I meant a different "Enemy Skill" Materia, as in another one. You get 3 in the game I believe. You might even be able to buy them, though I'm not sure.

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
Bhaal said:
fireblaster_lyz : Midgar Zolom is in the beginning of the game........
Oh my...I suggest you train up your characters before that guy at the beginning of the game. He will be tough if your levels are too low.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
fireblaster_lyz : i defeated him..believe me..of course i trained characters before the battle...i defeated him when cloud's level was 30...this was in the beginning of the game..first time when i saw Midgar Zolom...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts