Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, these aren't all flat out problems, but more of questions, so here goes.

1. How do you screen capture with Pete's OGL 1.75? Or can you not? Using the screen capture on the keyboard only allows one image per time, and it leaves out way too much.

2. I've heard back and forth from you guys that odd/even hack is and isn't needed in ePSXe 1.5.2, and I've tried both without any (noticeable) difference. Any recomendations or suggestions?

3. What exactly is mask bit? I read on Kane' site about it, but I'm still a little fuzzy there. Basically, should I turn this on for Final Fantasy? It slows down menu to non-menu transitions a bit when I tried it, but I saw no difference.

4. Here's the actual question, but not really a problem. During battle, the yellow highlight bars show fine and all, and I have that fix enabled, but when I go to select the target, the bar should be under that new window, but it overlays it (setings below). Any ideas, or this a known problem I missed to notice? Sorry, but I can't really show any screenshots. The print screen leaves out half the text, the yellow bars, and the ATB, but I hope someone knows what I'm talking about.

For that last one, here's how I have it set up (this is my secondary computer).
PIII 800MHz, 384MB Ram, nVidia GeForce4 MX440 (8x AGP, but only seeing 4x becuase of motherboard)

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.75
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X/AGP/SSE

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing [32 Bit]
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8B8A8 (Kane's site said this setting works better with nVidia cards, and the other with ATI, so I tried it that way)
- Filtering: 5
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 64 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: 60

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Framebuffer access: 0
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: off
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- 15 bit FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: on
- Screen cushion: off
- Game fixes: on [00000200]

I have the FPS set to 60 instead of auto becuase it gave me a slight boost (using NTSC). Oh, and great work with what you've managed so far. Playing it this way makes it so much more worth it, despite a few little problems.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
>1. How do you screen capture with Pete's OGL 1.75? Or can you not? Using the screen capture on the keyboard only allows one image per time, and it leaves out way too much.

F8

>2. I've heard back and forth from you guys that odd/even hack is and isn't needed in ePSXe 1.5.2, and I've tried both without any (noticeable) difference. Any recomendations or suggestions?

See how it works for you. Different people see to have different expiriences.

>3. What exactly is mask bit? I read on Kane' site about it, but I'm still a little fuzzy there. Basically, should I turn this on for Final Fantasy? It slows down menu to non-menu transitions a bit when I tried it, but I saw no difference.

It solves issues when the characters are infront of FMVs.

As for your main prob... not sure, maybe now you can post screens

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, pressing F8 seemed to do this, since the scren stopped for a split second, but when it comes to managing them and getting them to export to paint, I'm clueless. The last thing in my clipboard was pasted instead of the image. Anyway, I tried the alternate way twice more and got it to work, and that's below. Like I said, maybe this is a common problem, and it's nothing I can't live with, but I'd still like to hear if their's a workaround. I tried changing the off-screen drawing and everything.

The other two didn't cause any problems at all turned off, but if the problem arises, I know how to fix it then.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Oh.... Honestly? Dunno. I never used the yellow boxes. Perhaps someone who did can help you as I'm very busy recently, hence my previous abrubt answer.
The F8 key saves snapshots to the /snaps directory in ePSXe

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
perhaps try
- Offscreen drawing: 2
- Framebuffer texture: 0
- Framebuffer access: 4

and/or change texture filtering.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts