• Other series

Votes: 5 26.3%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your favourite racing game series? Yes, series...not just a single game.

(on a side note, this thread was inspired by a comment from takwu ;)).

oh, and final fantasy doesnt qualify as a racing game, and chocobo racing is not a series, so I dont wanna see those here. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I voted for the NFS series myself. Oh yeah, as always, screenshots posting screenshots with your opinions is encouraged :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...and I just realised I forgot a few...

Microprose Grand Prix series and Toca Touringcars series.....

and probably more...

well, in that case just vote for "other" I guess....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NFS 5 is a bit like it. There's a Korean GT clone but I doubt it's anywhere near the real deal.
As for the realistic handling...what's realistic? I guess PC racing simulations could be considered realistic. But then you get games like Microprose's Grand Prix 3...not quite like Gran Turismo.

Btw, according to some hardcore racing sim fans Grand Prix Legends is the most realistic racing game ever. Could be....one thing I know is that it's encredibly hard to even finish one round...a bit too hard for me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
because it's funny and has good gameplay. I know many people who consider the Mario Kart games some of the best racers ever.

· <B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
6,550 Posts
GT, NFS, Daytona and yeah also Mario Kart N64 (because i win everytime..).. :D.. hehe :p do we have to include motorcycle racing games? :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Xeven
GT, NFS, Daytona and yeah also Mario Kart N64 (because i win everytime..).. :D.. hehe :p do we have to include motorcycle racing games? :p
if you want to...
that reminds me motoracer 3 was recently released. Anyone knows if it's good?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by UncleClive
I prefer Gran Turismo, but I did also enjoy playing Screamer 2 on the PC :)
yep. IMO that game was a lot like sega rally.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Heh..Screamer 2 was a sega rally clone
and Screamer 1 was a Ridge Racer clone with Daytona influences :)

I liked it...they probably tried to copy ridge racer's powerslides...well, that failed, but you can do some wicked other kind of slides though.

I can still run the games, allthough the cd-audio doesnt work in DOS with my DVD drive...I can get that to work with my plextor, but I'd have to make the plextor the primary drive and the dvd secondary, besides the fact that I dont like that, I'm also too lazy to change it :p
Other than that the games still work, but Screamer 1 always crashes after playing it for 10 minutes or so.
And since I dont have my voodoo2 anymore, Screamer 2 and Screamer Rally (the third one, very similar to Screamer 2) both have to run in 640x480 256 colors....oh well, at least I can still fire them up if I want to play them :)

· Registered
1,069 Posts
Yeah, thats why I never liked Screamer 1, because of the wierd slides. But thats what I loved about S2... Wierd. Maybe I might download it and see how it runs on XP... :)

You can get the demo here BTW: http://www.fortunecity.com/underworld/fifa/168/screamer2.htm - Oh well, apparently not, I cant seem to find a working link for the demo. :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by UncleClive
Yeah, thats why I never liked Screamer 1, because of the wierd slides. But thats what I loved about S2... Wierd. Maybe I might download it and see how it runs on XP... :)

You can get the demo here BTW: http://www.fortunecity.com/underworld/fifa/168/screamer2.htm - Oh well, apparently not, I cant seem to find a working link for the demo. :(
probably file planet has it...

With Screamer 1 if done properly you can make powerslides with your car almost pointing in the reverse direction...not quite realistic, but fun ;)

· Registered
3,072 Posts
My vote goes to the Need for Speed series, with the very first game (Road & Track: The Need for Speed) having the most realistic handling & physics ever. But I still like Rally Masters above anything else ;)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.