Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyones favorite game music, this post is inspired by the longest ending post when I mention I bought the OST for FF6 :)

So, what is everyone fav game music either just say the game or the title of the track, or your best guess to the title of the track if you are unsure.

1) Ending theme to FF6/3
Simply amazing

2) Attack on Dollet FF8 demo
My god, the best song the had in FF8 and they removed it from the final version of the game because someone said it sounded to much like the music from the move "the Rock" pissed me off

3) Oath from the Fithos CD
This is a orcestrated version of squall's theme from FF8, its incredible.

4) Theme of Samus
My fav game made by nintendo, GREAT game, great music. Very few games like it unfortunetely, and all of them are some of my fav games, SPECIALLY SOTN.

5) Castlevania music
The music from castlevania just rocks, and there is so many, Vampire killer and Richter/Colloseum from SOTN are amoung some of my favs

so whats all of yours?

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
In no particular order:
1. Final Fantasy IV - Love Theme (or Rosa's Theme)
2. Chrono Trigger - Silent Light (the "sad" theme)
3. ALL 4 songs (Splash Wave, Passing Breeze, Magical Sound Shower, and that game over song, forgot the title) from the original Out Run

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
I am too tired right now,so i will list only few :

1 ) wild arms : The opening music . The melody is so great.......

2 ) metal gear solid : "The best is yet to come" . This song has magic...my mind feel so peaceful everytime i hear this song......

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
I just like the orchestra ending theme from FFVII/FFVIII. :)

...i hope you got what i meant there. :p

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
I kinda like the music when u fight the last boss in ff7, but, somehow i have a feeling that something is missing......but i just dont know which part is not correct.....

The feeling is like : ... i want more....hmmmm...not enough...want more....hmmmm ..... it can be better...but, whats wrong?

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
> I kinda like the music when u fight the last boss in ff7, but, somehow i have a feeling that something is missing

One Wing Angel? Of course it could be better - the orchestrated version was much darker. Or were you referring to something else?

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
Originally posted by Ryos
> I kinda like the music when u fight the last boss in ff7, but, somehow i have a feeling that something is missing

One Wing Angel? Of course it could be better - the orchestrated version was much darker. Or were you referring to something else?

Yes, i was referring to "One Wing Angel".

I guess my speaker or sound card not powerful enough to produce good quality sounds..? may be that was what missing.... :eyes:

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Originally posted by Nightmare

Yes, i was referring to "One Wing Angel". I guess my speaker or sound card not powerful enough to produce good quality sounds..? may be that was what missing.... :eyes:
Strange...is this the PSX or PC version? Because the PSX version sounds pretty good...of course, some of the instruments may sound wrong with the SPU you're using, if it's the PSX version.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
Originally posted by Ryos

Strange...is this the PSX or PC version? Because the PSX version sounds pretty good...of course, some of the instruments may sound wrong with the SPU you're using, if it's the PSX version.

both pc and psx version, and also the orchestrated version i downloaded from the net.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Serge's hometown (forgot the town name :emb: ) had the elevator music. That was boring.

Fav Music (in or particular order):
CC
CT
FFVII
FFIII
FFVIII
FFIX

·
Registered
176 Posts
You guys have reaped the whirlwind on this one. I'm a video game music freak. I've been known to play games all the way through just to hear a peice of music (now we have mp3's :doh: ). Here goes:

Secret of Mana:
- Dark Lich fight music

CT:
- Magus's theme (of course)
- Schala's theme
- Tyranno Fortess theme

FFIV:
- Zeromus theme (final boss)
- Golbez (Golbliz? Goblez?) theme

FFVI:
- Shadow's theme
- Dancing Mad (Kefka's final boss music)
- Cyan's theme
- Atma Weapon theme
- Ghost Train (Soul Train, baby!)
- Ghost Forest
- Finale

FFVII:
- Turks theme
- Shinra theme
- Nanaki's theme
- Seto's music
- Cait Sith's theme

FFT + VS: