Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that other thread has it's niche. we'll leave it like that. here's a general whats your favorite tunes in a game thread. i'm sure there are others. whatever.

tempestx3 (should have been a damn audio cd too!)
rez
tekken3 (also should have been a frickin audio cd but wasn't!)
dirge of cerberus
streets of rage 2
king of fighters 95 playstation version
ocarina of time
some of grand theft auto soundtracks (grandmaster flash)
conker's bad fur day (pile of poo anyone?)
final fantasy 7
mario 64 (dire dire docks)

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Full Throttle has an awesome soundtrack with good hard rock.
Even though its not out Brutal Legend will have an incredible track list.

Thats all I can think of.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Halo - No matter how much you hate it.. you gotta admit the soundtrack was awesome.
Gears Of War 2.... I can honestly remember the soundtrack... but I was very immersed in the game.... and I'm sure the soundtrack had something to do with it.

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Halo - No matter how much you hate it.. you gotta admit the soundtrack was awesome.
Gears Of War 2.... I can honestly remember the soundtrack... but I was very immersed in the game.... and I'm sure the soundtrack had something to do with it.
I have to say I really like the soundtracks from these two games as well. Martin O'connell certainly did a fantastic job with the composition of Halo and it truly is a fantastic score. Halo 3 also had some really wonderful music, however I feel as if Halo 2 was a bit of a let down when they introduced electric guitar, as it sort of came crashing down on the Halo theme.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
either

or

or even

edit: these are only the ones i listen to at the moment, there is way to many others that i could have posted since i cant decide on them.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
FF8: Faye Wong Eyes on Me

Legend of Dragoon - If You Still Believe

Chrono Cross - Time Scar

Xenogears - Small Two Pieces

Atelier Iris Grand Phantasm - Schwarzweiss:

Battle Arena Toshinden 3 - Intro

PS: order does not count i love all of those songs equally well maybe a little more head tilt towards eyes on me but just a little.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
I agree with Strike, the "Legend of Dragoon - If you still believe" was just awesome... Actually, that intro should be added to the "best game intros" thread!:D

Other than that:

Max Payne 2: Late Goodbye

Warcraft 3: Storm, Earth and Fire

·
Numbers Guy
164 Posts
I'm surprised this one hasn't been mentioned yet:

Chrono Cross - Dream of the Shore Near Another World

Here's another Yasunori Mitsuda piece:

Xenosaga Episode 1 - Last Battle

I'd listen to just about anything from Yasunori Mitsuda.

Finally, a little Noriyuki Iwadare:

Grandia III - Forest of a Fantasy

My all-time favorite, though, is Xenogears's Small Two of Pieces. I STILL have those lyrics memorized!

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Most of it is Visual Novel related (since those games, lacking all kind of animation or the playability that other games rely upon tend to rely entirely on the mood), but they need the context to display their full force I guess. :heh:

Aw well, from "When the seagulls cry"

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Nice proto, smacking the anime haters whenever the chance!:lol:

And yes, I think those qualify to be here, its just that some people are gonna get all retarded for this!:D

I really wish Higurashi and Umineko games would've made it to ouside japan!:( And yes I know about the translation projects but still...

·
Tushy :3
5,162 Posts
All of the Zelda music. I have all of the soundtrack CDs for all of the Zelda games. Do you know how much CDs that is?

Tales of Symphonia soundtrack and also a bit of the Final Fantasy soundtrack.

Oh and Silent Hill!

Here's a link to one of my favorite pieces to the Silent Hill soundtrack:

The Promise

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.