Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit: well since i got it running somewhat I'll just change this to what worked for me.

It hasnt crashed so far so I guess this is good aside from modifying the playing speed. It seems the big thing that helped was using
GSdx 872m [MSVC 15.00, SSE2] 0.1.12 for graphics and P.E.O.p.S CDVD [CDDA mod]1.3.0 for Cdvdrom. I also used Japan v01.00 bios.

The settings I used were:
****PCSX2 Configuration****

[Interface]
Output(Console) Enabled = True
App Priority = High

[Plugins]
GS=GSdx-sse2.dll

SPU2=ZeroSPU2 0.4.4.dll
CDVD=cdvdPeops.dll
PAD1=PadSSSPSX.dll
PAD2=PadSSSPSX.dll
DEV9=DEV9null.dll
USB=USBnull.dll
FW=FWnull.dll

[Cpu Options]
Frame L. = Normal
EERec on = True
VU1rec on = True
VU0rec on = True
DC on = False
MTGS on = False

[Misc]
Patches on = True

Report Created: 12-24-2008 Ver:1.12

This setting will get the game running for Vista I guess, just not playable atm.
What graphics/cd settings is anyone else using that might make it run a bit faster?

PS: I can't figure out how to delete my other post after pressing edit...........

·
I has got Anatidaephobia
1,345 Posts
Hi, I've been trying to start up a game called Fate Unlimited Codes through the emulator. I've heard of several instances where other people have managed to successfully run the game. Despite this no one has been able to specify what they had done to make it run. When I attempt to run it through ZeroGS Kosmos the game crashes right after. When I use Gsdx the loading screen will pop up but the game won't play. I've also tried this using several different bios too.

Here is the report from running ZeroGS Kosmos:

****Bug Report Description****

ZeroGs Crash while starting Fate/Unlimited Codes.

****Operating System****

Windows Vista Home Premium
Service Pack = None

****User's GPU/RAM/CPU Information****

GPU Name: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
Total RAM>Recommended Specs

PCSX2 v0.9.4 save ver: 7a30000f
EE pc offset: 0x2a8
PSX pc offset: 0x208
CPU vender name = GenuineIntel
x86Family = Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2370 @ 1.73GHz
CPU speed = 1.730 Ghz
Features:
Detected MMX
Detected SSE
Detected SSE2
Detected SSE3

[Interface]
App Priority = High

[Plugins]
GS=ZeroGS KOSMOS 0.97 nonsse2.dll
SPU2=ZeroSPU2 0.4.4.dll
CDVD=CDVDnull.dll
PAD1=PadSSSPSX.dll
PAD2=PadSSSPSX.dll
DEV9=DEV9null.dll
USB=USBnull.dll
FW=FWnull.dll

[Cpu Options]
Frame L. = Normal
EERec on = True
VU1rec on = True
VU0rec on = True
DC on = False
MTGS on = False

[Misc]
Patches on = True

Report Created: 12-23-2008 Ver:1.12

Thanks for any help.
have you checked the compatibility list?

And use only one bios i.e., your own bios.:lol:

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Does it crash with other games? What version of GSdx did you try? You should try the ZeroGS normal/SSE2 version.

You should enable DC/MTGS in the PCSX2 CPU config options. Try maybe a beta or playground version of the emu from PCSX2.net - Downloads

It is also probable the failing to load is due to a bad game reading, try making a ISO of it and running it with linuzappz plugin, and if you are using the ISO already try running it from the disc instead with P.E.Op.S plugin.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
press left and then press O. Looks like you are selecting wrong options when it asks you to skip memory card in japanese at the start.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hmm, I got it to start up finally. It hasnt crashed so far so I guess this is good aside from modifying the playing speed. It seems the big thing that helped was using
GSdx 872m [MSVC 15.00, SSE2] 0.1.12 for graphics and P.E.O.p.S CDVD [CDDA mod]1.3.0 for Cdvdrom. I also used Japan v01.00 bios.

This game was not in the compatabiliy list but I heard of a few rare miracles with the game (this is another!) and decided to try and see if it was playable.

The settings I used were:

[Interface]
App Priority = High

[Plugins]
GS=GSdx-sse2.dll

SPU2=ZeroSPU2 0.4.4.dll
CDVD=cdvdPeops.dll
PAD1=PadSSSPSX.dll
PAD2=PadSSSPSX.dll
DEV9=DEV9null.dll
USB=USBnull.dll
FW=FWnull.dll

[Cpu Options]
Frame L. = Normal
EERec on = True
VU1rec on = True
VU0rec on = True
DC on = False
MTGS on = False

[Misc]
Patches on = True

Report Created: 12-24-2008 Ver:1.12

This setting will get the game running for Vista I guess, just not playable atm.

Thanks for the replies and good luck to anyone else.

·
Registered
109 Posts
This game is so easy to run. First of all, use GSdx instead of ZeroGS KOSMOS. Then, when the text pop up with 2 choices in japanese (the point where many people stuck) just choose the other choice and press O. This is the moment where I think how can someone actually stuck at that screen when on the screen is pretty obvious a question with 2 choices; if one doesn't bring you further try another. It doesn't matter you understand Japanese or not.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The game until now has been really playable. I troubled Prafull thinking that the game had a loop problem, but it was my silly mistake. I've unlocked almost every hidden character excepting Zero/Lancer, but I doubt that would be a cause for crashes if it has been working until now.

The only problem with the game is that it runs slow as hell, but that depends on the characters and stage on-screen. The game is very cpu demanding, maybe at 4 ghz I could have it at 60 fps constant, but I don't get stable there. So, I would say the game is playable, BUT, I'm using playground r457, so, I'm not so sure about 0.9.4, but I think it crashes somewhere. Just use a recent playground version and you should be okay, even with all speedhacks activated. Just don't ask for support in this forum when using PG, ask in the proper one.

Oh, on a side note, if you people get troubles to save, use an empty memory card, it let me save like that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks, with some moddification PG certainly does run smoother it seeems (somewhat). Could you tell me what playground r457 is? I could not find any info on it or where to download it at.

Edit: With these settings on PG the opening/menu/character select run faster (without crashes so far). Actual gameplay is a bit faster too.

Resolution: Windowed
Renderer: Direct3D9 (Hardware)
Shader: Pixel Shader 3.0
Interlacing: Blend bff (slight blur, 1/2 fps)
Apsect Ratio: (4:3)
D3D internal res: Native
SW rend. threads: 1
NLOOP HACK
Texture filtering
Alpsho correction (FBA)

Interface: W2K/XP - IOCTL scsi commands
Caching Mode: Async read
Using additional 4 MByte data cache
Try to limit speed: 2X

CPU: VU Skip

Speed Hacks: All but esc hack being used.
============================================

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Actually, the game runs smoothly with DX10, with DX9 the most you can hope is 50-60% of the real speed, and that's what I get with my rig. I run it here with DX10 at 48-60 fps depending on stage and characters on-screen. The downside (or not at all for me) is that you need Vista.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts