Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Transcended
1,416 Posts
Yeah, share more and get a more efficient client. Of course, even if you share a bazillion files, if your bandwidth is lets' say 256kbps, it'll never go beyond that.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Kraelis said:
Yeah, share more and get a more efficient client. Of course, even if you share a bazillion files, if your bandwidth is lets' say 256kbps, it'll never go beyond that.
Hmmm. thats the urse Im faced right now. Got 512kbps and my download speed just up till 70KBps only.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Get a decent client. My download speeds are excellent with Azureus when there are enough peers/seeds. My initial mistake was to set the upload too high for the rating of my connection, so when I lowered it by about 5% below my maximum theoretical upload speed to allow for overhead, the download speed doubled. I got this tip from the Azureus help site.

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Hmmm. thats the urse Im faced right now. Got 512kbps and my download speed just up till 70KBps only.
Hmm... just wondering, is that a joke? :p

In case it isn't, remember the 512 are kilobits while the 70 are KiloBytes :)... so in fact you are getting even more than you are supposed to :p

·
Transcended
1,416 Posts
Proto said:
Hmm... just wondering, is that a joke? :p

In case it isn't, remember the 512 are kilobits while the 70 are KiloBytes :)... so in fact you are getting even more than you are supposed to :p
@orysyz
And to further clarify, there are 8 bits to one byte. Bits are often printed in small "b" while bytes are in big "B".

Be happy dude... you're supposed to be hitting only 64kBps, so you're actually getting a free 6kBps boost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.