Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am trying to migrate from VGS to EPSXe and I am missing one thing which is just killing me.

With VGS, holding down the space bar would fast forward the system, speed up the internal system clock etc... This was priceless for games like FFTactics where you are forced to watch 8 NPCs take turns...

Is this feature, or something similar to a fast forward button available on EPSXe?

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I apologize for being an uneducated noob, I cant seem to find the trigger toggle you are speaking of. Could you please direct me?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
if you are using epsxe 1.7.0 press the F4 key to toggle the internal frame rate limiter on/off. the plugin limiter can usually be disabled by pressing the "9" key. if that button doesnt work then the command might be mapped elsewhere. to find out what it is then you need to go into the video plugin config menu and look for the "..." button in the frame rate section, if you click that another menu will come up that displays the hotkeys for certain commands, one of those being the plugin limit toggle.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I havent played epsxe for long time, I forget how to assign fast forward button in the controller. I remember the fast forward/frame skip will only be activated if I press the button, however these days when I press the button, the game will fast forward and I must press it again to deactivate it.

could anyone tell me how to return the configuration to the first one? (just hold to fast forward instead of pushing the button once)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Delete, then End. duh

I havent played epsxe for long time, I forget how to assign fast forward button in the controller. I remember the fast forward/frame skip will only be activated if I press the button, however these days when I press the button, the game will fast forward and I must press it again to deactivate it.

could anyone tell me how to return the configuration to the first one? (just hold to fast forward instead of pushing the button once)
There is no such thing and never has been. You are thinking of pSX emulator

·
Registered
2 Posts
My bad for reviving a thread, but I thought I'd post my Autohotkey script that has made the fast forward button work the way I wanted in ePSXe—that is, like pSX does.

In order for this to work, you have to change the fast forward toggle button in the video settings to "Space" or adjust the hotkey accordingly.

#IfWinActive, ePSXe
*space::
Send {space}
KeyWait Space
Send {space}
return

·
Registered
193 Posts
My bad for reviving a thread, but I thought I'd post my Autohotkey script that has made the fast forward button work the way I wanted in ePSXe—that is, like pSX does.

In order for this to work, you have to change the fast forward toggle button in the video settings to "Space" or adjust the hotkey accordingly.
uh nvm. why did I never know you could change the buttons after using this program for years?? :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
uh nvm. why did I never know you could change the buttons after using this program for years?? :D
Haha, yeah. I was only fiddling around with it recently after I tried using pSX for Legend of Dragoon, only to find out that it would work on ePSXe with a different video plugin. I liked the hold feature of pSX's fast forward button, so I looked around for it.

If people see the above post and get confused, I'm using P.E.Op.S Soft Driver 1.18, and if you click the "..." next to "Key configuration", there's the setting you'll need. I need to use this plugin because of the graphics card in my laptop, unfortunately.

If you're using Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9, that feature is listed in the "..." for "Show FPS display on startup" and you won't need the script.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Disabling the frame rate limiter in FFIX does make it fast forward but everywhere except for battle scenes. Battles are what I'm trying to fast forward (especially when trying to steal!). How can I fast forward through battles?

·
There is always hope, but you have to supply it.
6,886 Posts
Disabling the frame rate limiter in FFIX does make it fast forward but everywhere except for battle scenes. Battles are what I'm trying to fast forward (especially when trying to steal!). How can I fast forward through battles?
Sounds like you have an older computer where the battle doesn't speed up because those scenes already nearly use the full resources of either your CPU or GPU.

List your specs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds like you have an older computer where the battle doesn't speed up because those scenes already nearly use the full resources of either your CPU or GPU.

List your specs.
I'm not sure that's it. Computer is fairly new:

ASUS P8P67 mobo
Intel Core i7 2600K
G.SKILL DDR3 1600 8GB RAM
WD 1TB SATA III HDD
Crucial 128GB SATA III SSD
Corsaid 750HX power supply
EVGA GTX460 1GB GDDR5 video card
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
exactly, the game does the menu every second frame so even with fast forward the frame rate is locked to 60fps to display menu, that is why i said to use frameskip as well to avoid this issue....

still it is an issue that stems from the emulator and not gpu so if there is a fast forward option in the emu where it bypass the timing for the game then it would work with menu visible, the feature isnt emulated though as it can glitches as games rely on timing to load things correctly

1 - 18 of 18 Posts