Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So being one not to take what im told with a grain of salt i decided to install the 64-bit patch with "Extra Content" for farcry just to see how it looks. (For those wondering how i did it try an admin/network install with /a as a parameter). Now one may say... it'll never work... ah but it did (surprisingly) and might i say besides a few minor enhancedments and extra multiplayer levels i saw no real difference while running in 32-bit. has anyone else tried this and noticed any major differences like on the 64-bit processors?

P.S. i seemed to experience major slowdowns when in certain areas (maybe 64-bit areas) or maybe just my comp acting up. anyone else had this problem?

btw: specs are below.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
The 64-bit content only works if a 64-bit CPU is detected. If so, you get extended draw distances, and enhanced bump/parallax mapping. There are some other minor visual upgrades which only activate on a 64-bit CPU.

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,457 Posts
64bit computing... a new technology not used to increase FPS but instead to add useless content for graphics whores that you would have otherwise never noticed was not there

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol in reply to both your comment... im not that dense, i know what the 64-bit does and that YES its "supposed" to only work on 64-bit proccessors. But as you obviously dont believe that i got it working maybe some screenshots will help. btw: if you need more proof i can take screenshots from anywhere in the game :). and of course this is all done using my 32-bit processor, no slowdowns only graphical goodness. and as i said early i installed it by using the /a parameter on the installer. works with most windows installers btw. as far as i could tell bump mapping worked fine, all textures had been enhanced and looked like the amd shots and the game runs exaclty the same speed it did before. use winrar to extract these shots. (they were too big to post), and the levels were updated and the two multiplayer maps worked fine.

http://rapidshare.de/files/1875447/Far_Cry.rar.html

P.S. as a side note its kinda funny to see the amd64 logo everywhere and intro movie when your not running an amd64 processor

1 - 4 of 4 Posts