Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

With everything maxed out, this one runs like a dream on my 560ti at 2560x1440. Although the world is greatly simplified in comparison, there are so many crazy special effects and neon lighting that it doesn't really matter. The core Far Cry 3 gameplay is still here which is a good thing, as a shooter it was a very solid outing, and this one does not disappoint in any way.

The voice acting and writing is off the hook. Michael Beihn's work is insanely good. So many references to 80's action movies, and the soundtrack is synth gold. The cutscenes are also amazing, ripped right out of the early 90's and it feels so good.

The game is only 3 odd gigs, and I've read reports its about 8 hours long and I can see that figure being just about right. This game is all about throwing you into the action and having the time of your life.

This game is destined to be one of the greatest expansion pack/standalone spinoff titles of all time.

·
Registered
73 Posts
From the limited amount of time i played this game, i can say its enjoyable. The first part of the game starts when it continues shoving tutorials down your throat like web browser popups is comical. Rex and his infatuation for pilfering the hearts of the enemies and killer mentatlity is hilarious. The synthesiser music took me back into the 80s, reminded me of scores from the Rocky and Scarface movies lol.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
The amount of lightflare blur in those shots is insane...how can one even play something where one can't tell what half the screen is half the time cuz it's all blurred to hell...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts